Chapter 182

Chapter 182 Another Flattery in Qingwei Garden

Sad crying filled the study and then Mo Yufeng appeared by the door. After he got in, he knelt down by Mo Xuemin obediently and begged miserably with them. "Father, please forgive the first sister. What happened yesterday was an accident. She just intended to do something for you, but no one could imagine Sima Lingyun was so shameless."

Mo Yufeng was Mo Huawen's only son and Mo Xuemin's elder brother by blood. If Mo Xuemin really became Sima Lingyun's concubine, Mo Yufeng would never be proud in front of others; even his career would be affected. No matter how angry he was, he couldn't see Mo Xuemin being sent into Duke Zhenguo's manor.

Now the accident was known by all, everybody knew Mo Xuemin was almost raped by Sima Lingyun. It's not bad that Mo Xuemin struggled against him, which distanced her from the rumor in the palace. However, Mo Xuemin was forced to stay at Duke Zhenguo's manor for a whole night yesterday, which was not good news. Thinking about the duchess's attitude in the morning, which seemed to treat Mo Xuemin as their concubine, Mo Huawen felt the horrible pain in his chest.

He would never let Mo Xuetong or Mo Xuemin go through the gates of Duke Zhenguo's manor.

A sign of seriousness showed in his calm eyes. His two daughters were said to have improper relations with Sima Lingyun. Judging from all the signs, Sima Lingyun might even want to marry Tong'er. Thinking of all these things, Mo Huawen couldn't help feeling furious, and was in no mood to handle Mo Xuemin's affairs.

"Someone take first miss back into her own yard and don't let her out without my order. Anyone who lets her out will be beaten to death!"

The two guards waiting by the door walked in, bowed to Mo Xuemin, and invited her out politely. She was the first miss who had been in the boudoir for a long time and couldn't be touched by a man. The order was to take her there, but the watch was just nominal.

Seeing that her father didn't mention Sima Lingyun again, Mo Xuemin was relieved. She knew her goal had been achieved, and it was no big deal to be locked up by her father. After the affairs with Sima Lingyun were solved and people started to forget about it, she still had a chance. There was no doubt You Yuecheng would fall for her beauty.

When she became the wife of the duke's son, You Yuecheng, she wouldn't even be afraid of her father.

She stopped crying, covered her face with her sleeves, and bowed to Mo Huawen. Her pitiful behavior, along with her pale face, made her seem innocent and sad as she followed the guards to leave the study with Mo Xiu holding her hand.

"Father." Mo Yufeng began, but Mo Huawen coldly waved his hand and stopped him.

"Go back to your study to read your books, instead of going out. Your exam is coming soon. You have spent so much time for it; don't ruin it by focusing on things that aren't your business."

"Yes, father!" Mo Yufeng didn't dare to say anything more. He just bowed to Mo Huawen and went out.

After leaving the study, he saw his servant waiting nervously. When the servant saw Mo Yufeng coming out, he hurried over.

Mo Yufeng looked at the study's direction and found nothing abnormal. Then he held the servant's hand and hurried from Mo Huawen's yard. Once they were out, he asked hurriedly, "What did Miss Hongxiu say? Will she pick me up tonight?"

The servant wiped the sweat from his brow, saying, "Sir, Miss Hongxiu sent a letter which said she would pick Sir Yu Mingyong tonight and had to say sorry to you."

Mo Yufeng's face froze. Not him again?

After a moment, he shouted, "Why? She said she would belong to the one who would give the most. What made her change her mind again? That bitch!"