Chapter 45: You Yuecheng's Anger

The banquet was held within the imperial gardens. Perhaps most of the crowd had already gone over, so there was not any whispering like just now. All that was left was the autumn scenery and the blooming flowers of the maple trees. It was beautiful! The scent of the osmanthus flowers drifted in the wind, making one feel refreshed.

She stood under the osmanthus tree and raised her head, taking a deep breath. A sweet refreshing scent filled her nose. Even the air smelt fresh. The breeze blew across, casing a few flowers to fall off the tree and onto her beautiful, porcelain-like face. Her face looked clean and flawless. Her long lashes fluttered. The flowers slid off her face slowly. Her pink lips tugged upwards gently. She was in a rather good mood!

Mo Xuetong had been embarrassed today!

The First Miss Mo who had always pretended to be gentle and elegant had been utterly embarrassed today. Many would begin to doubt First Miss Mo, who was known to be gracious and kind. She did not wish to reveal the true side of Mo Xuemin today since it would make others think that she was being mean.

However, even if she did not say it outright, everyone would suspect Auntie Fang and Mo Xuemin.

A crack had already been formed. It was not that easy to fix it so that it would look the same as before. Even if Mo Xuetong used ten times the effort she had used before, it might not necessarily allow her to appear as gentle and gracious as she had before. As long as suspicion had been cast upon her, it would be much easier to tear off her fake mask in the future.

However, this was not something that could be done in a day! He would send the old man to his father. She trusted that her father would be able to make him speak.

"Third Miss Mo is indeed skillful. You've managed to make First Miss Mo guilty in just a few words. Is this something a younger sister should do? Third Miss Mo, do you only have that much grace and tolerance?" A cold voice full of disdain could be heard.

Mo Xuetong opened her eyes. Light glinted in them as she looked at You Yuecheng. He stood there with his hands on his back, looking at her coldly and disdainfully with his head raised proudly.

"Sir, I don't know how I have offended you for you to ask such a question. Who are you to the Mo family?" Mo Xuetong laughed lightly. She had seen this person both earlier and in her past life. He had always sided with Mo Xuemin and looked at her ever so warmly and gently. She did not expect that he would be so cold to her when they were alone. He must have always not liked her.

She did not wish to speak with unimportant people like him. He looked as if he was interested in questioning her and looked completely like he was going to protect Mo Xuemin.

Mo Xuemin had plotted well to find someone to pick on Mo Xuetong so quickly. She must have betted that Mo Xuetong would not dare to behave too wildly since she had just entered the palace. They were all going to frame her.

Mo Xuetong was already feeling impatient, which was why she was less cautious while speaking. After all, this man was not Feng Yuran and Bai Yihao, he did not instill in her a sense of wariness. Since he did not like her, why would she have to suffer his verbal abuse?

"You..." You Yucheng did not expect a woman to argue against him. She looked smiled gently, but there was a hint of hatred in her clear eyes. This made him angry for some reason. She was just a sly woman pretending to be gentle. How dare she embarrass Mo Xuemin in front of others? You Yuecheng felt anger surge up him when he was Mo Xuemin crying softly by the fake mountain. He decided to berate Mo Xuetong since he was walking on the same path as her!

However, Mo Xuetong was so unexpectedly tough. She had overturned his statement with just a sentence. She was smiling gently and innocently but it felt tough and hard. She had even asked who he was, implying that he did not have the right to interfere with her family matter. You Yuecheng saw red.