Chapter 114

Chapter 114 Karma for Those Who Try to Frame Others

"Is this my belly-binder?" A cold and indifferent voice could be heard from outside the crowd. A woman approached slowly. She was dressed plainly and did not look striking. In fact, her clothes were shabbier than all the ladies present. She did not look any different from some maids standing by the side who were dressed nicely.

A noble lady living under someone else's roof should look like this!

It had been two years since Wang Yun was thrown out by Mo Huawen. Mo Xuetong was only 10 then and she looked completely different in terms of size and appearance. The girl did look slightly familiar, so Wang Yun immediately turned to her and said affectionately, "Tong'er, I'm sorry. I did not mean to tell them about what happened between us. When you gave me this two days ago, I promised that I would not let you suffer. But I can't not say it today. It is alright. I will not look down on you. In the future, I will give you everything that I have and I will love you dearly. We will go back to the capital together later and ask your father for permission to marry."

"Are you talking about me?" The girl frowned and sized him up, looking at him with disdain. Her head was lifted highly and her tone of disdain angered Wang Yun. He thought about how everyone looked down on him after he was thrown out by Mo Huawen. He had been shamed plenty of times after that and he hated Mo Huawen thoroughly. He would go through with this no matter what. "Of course I am talking about you, Tong'er. Didn't we agree that night after our meeting? Are you going to abandon me?"

He spoke lovingly and tenderly, but this made Mdm Yu who was standing by the side sweat profusely in her anxiousness. She took a step forward and wanted to say something but spotted the cold glance that Mdm Qin gave her. She shut her mouth immediately. No matter how much she did not respect Mdm Qin, she could see the viciousness in her eyes right now. She did not dare to say anything else and could only grit her teeth silently.

"You're sure it's me?"

"Of course I'm sure. I am familiar with not only your face but your body as well." There was a low buzzing from the crowd that made Wang Yun feel uneasy for some reason. However, he could not tell what was wrong. He looked at the familiar face and hunkered down. He was truly vicious. While he sounded loving and tender, he was exposing the relationship they had.

"Madam discovered you having an affair with a maid at home and you were thrown out by old sir. However, he felt that it was hard for you as a scholar and did not make the news public. However, you have forgotten that old sir was afraid that you might do something in retaliation against the Mo Manor and had you write a confession letter in your own hands with your handprint on it. He had left it at the magistrate before he left. One can find out about this matter should they go and check. I did not expect that you would refuse to be a scholar and do something like this. How dare you ruin my mistress' reputation now." Mo Lan glared at Wang Yun furiously.

Even though it had been some time since the incident, the maid that Wang Yun had an affair with was her cousin. After the incident, Wang Yun was thrown out from the manor, but her cousin had been shamed and had committed suicide by jumping into the well. She had thought that Wang Yun had already disappeared, but she did not expect to see him here and how dare he besmirch her mistress' reputation.

"Nonsense, we were in love with each other but your father said that because he was afraid that this would besmirch the family name. I wrote that confession under distress because I cared for your reputation. Could it be..." Wang Yun's expression grew flustered when he was exposed. He did not care about anything else now and only thought of dragging Mo Xuetong down with him and to have his accusations become fact.