Chapter 74: Yu Sirong Checks Out the Mo Manor

"Fourth Miss, will Old Sir blame you for knocking Third Miss over?" Mo Xueqiong's personal maid asked carefully. She was afraid because Mo Xuetong was the main daughter after all. Furthermore, she was a main daughter who was doted upon.

"What should I be afraid of? Would she dare to tell him? Look at how hard she knocked her head, but she didn't dare to say anything. How useless." Mo Xueqiong said with a cold laugh. "And she still wants to marry into the Duke's manor and become the matriarch. Can she even manage!"

"But, Fourth Miss..."The maid wanted to say something, but Mo Xueqiong waved her hand impatiently. She laughed and said with satisfaction, "No more buts. I just don't like how she is. So what if she's the main daughter. She doesn't dare to say anything against Mo Xuemin. If Mo Xuemin can bully her, so can I!"

Qingwei Garden.

Mo Xuetong's injuries were quite severe this time. There was a large red lump on her forehead. Fortunately, Mo Ye had acted quickly. Otherwise, she would not only have just fallen and embarrassed herself, but she might also have even been disfigured. It was winter now, and it would take some time to heal.

The medicine that Mo Xuemin sent had been tossed to the side. Mo Xuetong did not dare to use it. In her past life, she had been poisoned without her knowing it. In the beginning, she could not even get pregnant. She found out after that that she had been poisoned when she was younger and had damaged her fertility.

Mother Xu's heart ached as she helped her to clean her wounds and then put her fringe down to hide it. It made it look slightly better.

After everyone left, Mo Xuetong picked up the medicine and played with it in her hands. Then, she passed it to Mo Ye who was standing beside her and said, "Get Mo Feng to bring it out and see what's inside."

She would not believe that Mo Xuemin was being nice to her for no reason. The two of them had already almost fallen out. It was odd for Mo Xuemin to pretend to care now. She clearly remembered what she had tripped on. It was not the threshold. And there was only one person in front of her, which was Mo Xuemin.

"Yes." Mo Ye had never been one to talk. She replied and turned to leave. Mo Feng was a secret guard and usually did not appear before others. Things were much simpler with Mo Ye around. The two of them had their own way of contacting each other.

Mo Xuemin's Fuqing garden welcomed a guest.

It was Yu Sirong, the first miss of the Yu Manor.

She was sitting in front of a table and holding up a pair of white jade earrings to the window and examining them under the sunlight. She could not help but praise, "Cousin, this is really good jade. Look at how flawless it is! They must be really expensive. Won't your heart ache if you give it to me?"

"We are sisters, what heart ache are you talking about. I don't know how much they were. The Duke's son gave it to me to thank me for a favor he asked of it. But I just don't know if I can do it." There was not anyone else in the room, so Mo Xuemin did not have to pretend.

"His Excellency likes that little slut from that poor family. Why is she still refusing and pretend to be high and mighty? It's good enough that she can get married." Yu Sirong was no longer in the mood to admire the earrings. She felt jealous when she thought of how she saw Mo Xuetong's portrait in her cousin's study

"Cousin, how can you bear to have her stalk around like that here after how that little slut treated you all. You might as well just drug her and send her to His Excellency's bed. It is totally up to his will whether he wants to marry her or take her as a concubine."

"Do you think she is still the Mo Xuetong of the past? She's really sly. My people can't get close to her." When she thought of all the unpleasant incidents that happened since Mo Xuetong's return, Mo Xuemin's expression grew bitter.