Chapter 89: I Will Help You Climb

Mo Xuemin had been the one to suggest that he married Mo Xuetong, and he had also thought of it himself. Mo Xuetong had the support of the Luo Manor, which was his greatest goal. Not only was the Luo Manor one of the four great manors that had helped in building the nation, they were also very powerful, just behind the royal family. They had a general in the family and an assistant minister in the military. One was scholarly while the other was versed in martial arts. One was trusted by the Emperor while the other controlled the military. No matter how one looked at it, they were the best people he could have chosen to get help from to help the Duke's Manor flourish.

Sima Lingyun knew that the Duke's Manor was on the decline. He did not have any court position and only had his title. If he wanted to become a court official, he had to have the support of a powerful backer. Mo Xuetong's father did not have a high position, but he was a trusted official of the Emperor. He had even heard that Emperor Zongwen intended to promote him soon. With the support of the Luo Family, it could be said that Mo Xuetong was the best candidate to become his wife.

How could Sima Lingyun be willing to let go. Furthermore, as a man, her beautiful face had stunned him the first time they met.

When he thought about Mo Xuetong, Sima Lingyun really wasn't in much of a mood to coax Yun Yiqiu.

The maid by the side was intelligent as well. When she saw the impatience in Sima Lingyun's eyes, she knew what he wanted immediately. She hurried forward to help Yun Yiqiu and counseled her, "Miss, don't bother His Excellency. If he really wanted to marry that woman, he would have allowed you to make a fuss. If Madam finds out about it, he would have to marry her immediately. Do you not understand what His Excellency wants!"

Sima Lingyun released Yun Yiqiu and nodded at the maid with satisfaction. He continued, "Even a maid understands how much I like you, how can you not understand. I will forever only have you in my heart. Can you believe me? If you don't, then what's the point of us being together for many years in the future?"

Then, he did not say anything else to Yun Yiqiu. He avoided her hands which were reaching out to pull on his sleeve. He pretended to be angry and flung his sleeves out before striding out quickly.

He still had something on and did not have time to fuss with Yun Yiqiu. As such, he left angrily.

"Cousin, cousin, I'm not...cousin!" Yun Yiqiu reached out but did not manage to catch Sima Lingyun. When she saw that he seemed angry and walked out with large steps, she collapsed and fell to the ground crying. The maid moved quickly and caught her so that she did not knock into the corner of the table.

"Miss, didn't I tell you that you shouldn't be worried when we were outside? Look at how much His Excellency cares about you. Yet, you did this to make him angry. Who wouldn't be angry if this happened to them. It is fortunate that His Excellency has always doted on you. He will go and look for you in a few days after he stops being angry. Just be nice to him then and everything will be fine. Don't cry anymore. If you really fall sick, His Excellency would be worried." The maid was really glib and she cleaned up Sima Lingyun's mistakes in just a few words.

Her words which were both reproachful and concerned made Yun Yiqiu's tears flow even more. However, her mood was not as dark as before. She covered her face with her handkerchief and cried for a bit before saying hesitantly, "Cousin, cousin really won't be angry with me?"

"Of course not. Look, you can't really do this and not make him angry. His Excellency will settle things regarding that woman. He does not care about her reputation. If he really wanted that woman, he didn't have to do it secretly. But you can see that even though he had hidden things from you, they aren't about those things. His Excellency is a man and men have a lot of business that they don't have to tell women. Men belong outside of the house and women inside. You just have to be in charge of the household then." The maid reached out to help Yun Yiqiu up and helped her to tidy up.