Chapter 7: Planning to Gift the Orchid

Mo Xuetong's expression was frigid when she saw Nanny Li's pathetic appearance and she ignored her.

"Grand-Aunt, Tong'er is going to the capital. How can I leave you behind? How about you go with me to the capital? I will definitely be filial to you. "After dealing with Nanny Li, Mo Xuetong turned around to Mdm Qin and said that cutely. She pulled on Mdm Qin's sleeves and looked as if she could not bear to let go. This soothed Mdm Qin's upset feelings! She did not feel as unhappy as before about Mo Xuetong's impoliteness earlier.

"Good girl. I will go to the capital too after some time. Come and visit me then." Mdm Qin laughed happily.

"Grand-aunt, you have to come quicker. Tong'er will miss you. If not for you taking care of me while I'm here...I might have long been dead..." A thoughtful look appeared on Mo Xuetong's face and tears appeared in her beautiful eyes. She looked at the woman longingly, pulling on the corner of Mdm Qin's shirt with her pale and tiny hands, not letting go no matter what.

"Alright, I will go to the capital faster... Tong'er is so obedient, how can my heart be set at ease." Mdm Qin was moved by Mo Xuetong. Furthermore, the nannies by her side kept telling her about the benefits of going to the capital and all she saw was Mo Xuetong's obedience. She had forgotten all the unpleasantness of the past and all she felt was affection for Mo Xuetong.

She decided then, that she would bring her family with her to the city once her affairs in Cloud City were settled. Her grandsons were old enough. She had to settle their marriage! Especially that eldest grandson of hers who was very handsome and talented. Some of the women her age already had great-grandchildren.

The orchid in front of them was indeed of high quality. The leaves were shiny jade green and there were eight flowers on the plant all from the same branch. However, the shape and color of the orchid flowers were all different and yet were connected by something small. The eight surfaces, while all different, all appeared on an orchid branch, making it look as if it was one whole object, making it look very interesting.

"Miss, are we really taking this orchid to pay our respects to Madam?" Mo He hugged the orchid carefully and asked in confusion. Young master Xuan had paid a lot of money to find this orchid for Miss. She heard that young master Xuan had even given away a few of his treasured painting for the orchid. It was a pity to put it in front of Madam's altar and it could not be taken away.

Mo Xuetong smiled lightly when she heard that. They would leave tomorrow and she had come today to pay respects to her mother especially. Luckily, Cousin Xuan had found the rare orchid, so it had increased the probability of their winning this trip. She heard that the noble lady loved flowers. She would definitely stop to admire this rare orchid.

She did not want much. She just wanted the noble lady to like her and to give her an early opportunity to meddle in the matters between the noble lady and the lord.

In this new life, she had to first find out about the matters between the noble lady and her mother's family. This orchid would give her the opportunity.

"Mo He, later, put down the orchid and go to the temple to find out what we need to do a rite. I want to ask Cousin Xuan to do a rite for my mother." Mo Xuetong did not answer Mo He. She gave the orders. She was about to leave and wanted to do a rite for her mother to appease her spirit. No matter what, she would get her revenge in this life. She would not let her mother die in vain!

This immediately detracted Mo He's attention. She saw that while Mo Xuetong's expression was calm, her eyes were red. She knew that Mo Xuetong was upset when she thought of her mother and did not dare to say anything else. She only nodded forcefully in acknowledgment of the order.