Chapter 145

Chapter 145 Mo Xuemin was Beaten Up

Li Youmo's words were very frivolous. He rolled his shoulders in and looked at Mo Xuemin from the corners of his eyes. His eyes shone and a small lazy smile appeared on the corners of his lips. He looked just like a ruffian. How could Mo Xuemin, who had always placed importance on reputation, etiquette, and always held herself as a role-model accept it? She was so furious she glowered. The noblemen she had met in the past were mostly like You Yuecheng. They were gentle and elegant. When had she ever met such a shameless nobleman?

"Sir Li, you've mistaken someone else for me. I was at home copying scriptures last night and have not gone out. How would I have met Sir Li? You are a nobleman of the capital and you know that tainting someone's reputation is as good as taking one's life. I have not offended you, so why are you making things difficult for me?" Mo Xuemin still had a last bit of rational. She retracted her fiery eyes and forced down the anger in her heart as she spoke coldly.

She had stayed here because she heard that her father had asked Li Youmo to come. She wanted to "make things clear" with Li Youmo. She already understood that she had miscalculated earlier in the day. She had, in a fluster, went to her father and said that she would ask You Yuecheng to help her. Disregarding the fact that a lady would not be able to meet a male who was not from her family, Mo Xuemin was not willing to have You Yuecheng recall how Li Youmo had hugged her that day. She was interested in You Yuecheng and would not allow his image of her to be flawed.

Mo Xuemin came to her senses when she returned to Fuqing Garden. She thought carefully and in the end, like Mo Xuetong, put her target on Li Youmo. As long as Li Youmo admit that she was not the person from last night and did not spread rumors about what happened last night and still came to ask for her hand at the Mo Manor, then she would still be that noble and virtuous First Miss Mo.

Even though You Yuecheng knew what happened, as long as Li Youmo did not make a fuss, he probably would not expose her given his noble character. Even though he might despise her for a while, as long as she looked for him after the incident and push the blame to Mo Xuetong and make it seem as if she had been framed by her, You Yuecheng would not turn his back on her and would help her against Mo Xuetong.

Making him see for himself how Mo Xuetong framed her was way more powerful than just words!

If she could make this happen, then what happened last night would not be a disaster but a blessing!

Of course, the premise was that Li Youmo would be able to accept a private negotiation.

Mo Xuemin had planned and plotted and decided to stop Li Youmo at the garden. She did not care what kind of conditions came up with as long as Li Youmo agreed to say that the person he saw was not her! But she had not expected You Yuecheng to be there with Li Youmo, much less that Mo Xuetong would be with them.

She hid by the side and wanted to follow them. She would reveal herself after Mo Xuetong leaves! However, Li Youmo had claimed to be her husband in front of Mo Xuetong and You Yuecheng. If it had only been Mo Xuetong, it would have been fine. Anyway, there were on opposing sides and she would eventually beat her. What was frustrating was You Yuecheng's presence. Even if he had other thoughts about her, it was impossible between them after what Li Youmo said.

Mo Xuemin charged out in her anger. She forced her anger down and was speaking carefully. However, there was a hint of a threat in her tone. She said that even though Minister Li was powerful, Mo Huawen was a newly appointed high official and was not a simple character. He had been supporting the Emperor since he was the crown prince.

The Li family had sent an official matchmaker and told the Mos about how Mo Xuemin had met Li Youmo yesterday and their ambiguous interactions last night. They did not seem like they were asking for Mo Xuemin's hand and instead, seemed like they wanted to smear the reputation of the Mo daughters. As her father, Mo Huawen would definitely guard against the Lis. There was a fine line between allies and enemies.