Chapter 84: Mo Xuemin Pretends to be Pitiful

"Eldest Sister, what happened to Fourth Sister?" She looked up with her lively eyes, blinking in confusion as she spoke softly. She seemed as if she did not know anything. She was still young, so how could she take care of Mo Xueqiong? Furthermore, Mo Xueqiong did not seem like a younger sister and more like an elder sister. She did not need Mo Xuetong to take care of her.

The old madam frowned as she looked at Mo Xuemin.

"You did not care about what happened on the carriage after you left, leaving behind your fourth sister and His Excellency. They were seen by others and were caught doing things. The rumors outside are saying that your fourth sister and His Excellency have something going on between them. The Duchess even sent someone to rebuke Fourth Sister. She is now crying her eyes out in her room and wanted to commit suicide. Third Sister, sigh...why didn't you take care of Fourth Sister!" Mo Xuemin took out a handkerchief and wiped the corners of her eyes, looking sad and disappointed.

She did not know if Mo Xueqiong had anything going on with Sima Lingyun. But she knew that Mo Xueqiong had seduced Sima Lingyun with drugs. Trying to commit suicide was just an act she had put on for others. Once there was a conclusion to the matter, she would no longer need to pretend to want to commit suicide.

"Eldest Sister. I am sorry. I did not know that things would become like this, how did it become like this...?" Mo Xuetong seemed to have been shocked and she trembled, falling onto Mo Ye. Her eyes exuded fear and shock and her lips turned pale. She looked as if she had been shocked by the news.

"Third Sister, things have already become like this. What else can we do? We need to find a way to salvage the matter. Father's position in court is not high and the Duke's Manor is a noble family. If the matter blows up, it will be an embarrassment to our house. I thought that you are a smart one so it would be alright to let Fourth Sister go with us. But now...this matter, sigh. The Duke's manor wants an answer from us, but Father is not around. What should we do?" Mo Xuemin frowned and pretended to be in a dilemma as she sighed. She turned to the old lady and said, "Grandmother, what do you think we should do?"

The old madam had been frowning deeply through it all. As Mo Xuemin vaguely revealed that Mo Xuetong was the reason for the entire situation, her expression grew graver and graver. Mo Huawen had sent word this morning to say that he had a matter to settle urgently and would be away for a few days. Now that something like this had happened, she was the only one in the manor who could make decisions. The others in the manor were all either concubines or unmarried young ladies. The only male heir, Mo Yufeng, had not appeared at all.

The old madam was both anxious and angry. She would not treat Mo Xuetong nicely now.

When she heard Mo Xuemin's question and then turned to see how useless Mo Xuetong seemed, she felt annoyed. If Mo Xuetong was incapable, then she should not have brought her younger sister out with another man. She had brought her younger sister out and then went out to play without her. She didn't even care that her younger sister was alone with a man in the carriage or consider that something might happen.

She only seemed afraid and anxious now that something like that had happened. Yet, she did not have any idea how to deal with the matter. Mo Xuetong seemed very irritating right now. And when she thought of what happened to Mo Xueqiong, the old madam felt that she had implicated the reputation of all the girls of the Mo Manor. Mo Xueyan was her most doted granddaughter. She had intended to find her a good partner on their visit to the capital this time. If the Mo manor had a bad reputation due to this incident, Mo Xueyan would not be able to find a good match.

This was all Mo Xuetong's fault!

"Tell me, what you will do regarding this matter. You were the one who caused this trouble, so you solve it yourself. Don't implicate the reputations of the other young ladies of the Mo Manor." The old madam was unhappy and spoke to Mo Xuetong coldly with a dark expression.