CHAPTER 1

"Get up!"

A cold voice rang in Chuck Cannon's ears. The next second, the quilt on him was completely lifted.

Chuck rubbed his eyes and looked at the woman. He sighed and felt a little uncomfortable.

The beautiful woman in front of him was Yvette Jordan, who was four or five years older than Chuck was. She was adopted by Chuck's grandfather and was groomed to be his bride since young.

But since his grandfather's death, her attitude towards Chuck had become more and more terrible.

"You useless piece of trash, your face even pisses me off!" Yvette's beautiful face was full of disgust.

"..." Chuck frowned and tried not to take Yvette's words to heart.

"Let me tell you, I have done my best to support you. If you don't behave yourself, I will chase you out of this house."

Chuck put on his clothes and clenched his fists. "But you are my wifey!"

"No, I'm not. It was your grandfather who forced me to marry you. Did he ever ask me if I agreed? If I had a choice, how could I marry a good-for-nothing like you!"

Chuck put on his clothes and stood in front of Yvette. "Wifey..."

"Don't call me wifey. I'll warn you for the last time. The money that you use to eat and drink now is all mine. If you dare to call me wifey again, I'll let you die on the streets." Yvette snorted coldly and looked at Chuck with disdain. "But I'm sure that trash like you won't be able to survive on the streets for long."

Since grandpa left, such humiliation was no longer strange to Chuck. His fragile self-esteem had been almost crushed by Yvette. Sometimes Chuck even doubted whether he was really a piece of trash.

"Um... Wife... Yvette, I don't have any money."

Chuck took a deep breath. He was just a freshman this year, and Yvette was not only a university lecturer but also owned a company. She was a rich person.

"Look at yourself, you look like a beggar. It's disgusting!" Yvette looked at Chuck disgustedly. Then she took out 200 dollars from her bag and threw it on the ground. She turned around and left.

Looking at the money on the ground, Chuck clenched his fists.

In the end, he didn't pick up the money on the ground. He walked out of the house with his remaining self-esteem.

Yvette's BMW drove out of the garage as Chuck stood by the roadside and watched. He was in the same university as Yvette, so they were heading in the same direction.

However, Yvette's car didn't stop and drove past Chuck.

"Get out of here and take the bus. A piece of trash doesn't deserve to ride my car." After saying that, Yvette stepped on the accelerator and left.

Chuck gritted his teeth and looked at the BMW that had disappeared at the end of the road. His eyes were slightly red. "Yvette, you've gone too far."

He was penniless now. His lunch money these days was borrowed from his classmates, and today was the day for him to return the money. Unfortunately, the two hundred dollars were too 'burdensome", and he couldn't pick it up...