CHAPTER - 19

Chuck Cannon was still indulging in his satisfaction after he blocked Lara Jane's number. This was something the old Chuck couldn't bring himself to do. Now that he was financially stable, he felt like he had choices.

He needed to go to the car management office to apply for his car plate permits tomorrow, but judging that his car had been scratched by Queenie Carson not long ago, he still had to contact Charlotte Yates, the salesperson is responsible for it. Chuck sent her a text about his inquiry immediately.

Charlotte replied almost instantly, "Mr Cannon, please send your car to our centre and we'll have a look at it. "

Since Chuck was the person that made her the target of envy at work on the first day she started this job, she had a strong impression of Chuck from the very start. It could even be said that she was constantly waiting for Chuck to send her a message.

"How much?" Chuck asked.

"Approximately twenty thousand dollars."

"No problem. I'll come either tomorrow or the day after tomorrow," Chuck replied.

"Okay."

Chuck put down his phone, took a shower, and went to bed. The next morning, he brought the car to the 4S Automobile Store to be serviced by Charlotte. It was just a minor scratch, but it would still take some time. He definitely couldn't use the car today anymore, so he had to wait until tomorrow. Chuck parked the car properly and was about to leave.

"Sir, why don't I give you a ride?" Charlotte said sincerely.

Being professional and attentive to an important client could reap benefits far and wide. Her manager had been preaching hard about this constantly, telling her that she should attend to Chuck's needs no matter what it was. Charlotte kept those words in her heart.

"It's okay, thank you for the offer." Chuck shook his head politely with a smile and walked to the roadside to hail a taxi.

Charlotte felt a little discouraged. She even dolled up herself, hoping that he would notice. Since this did not work, she promptly urged the mechanic to fix his car by today. She was determined to give

Chuck a surprise.

However, as soon as she turned around, she received a phone call, her cousin's name seen on the display. Charlotte picked up the phone, "Hello,

Lara Jean..."

"Cousin, could you lend me some money?"

Lara still had six thousand dollars of debt weighing her down. Her cousin was her last hope. She knew that her cousin just started her job recently, but she really had no other alternatives.

"Okay, how much do you need?" Charlotte wasted no time in answering her cousin's prayers. After all,

she earned some handsome commission from the sales of the car to Chuck.

"Wow, cousin, did you make a lot of money?" Lara detected the ease in her voice and was envious.

"No, I just managed to sell a car a few days ago." Charlotte laughed as she explained.