CHAPTER - 20

When Chuck Cannon was done paying the bills and was exiting the barbershop, the pretty hairstylist asked for his contact and urged him to come again the next time he decided to groom his hair again.

Chuck was actually quite impressed with her work.

This hair cut really suited him and complimented his already dazzling look. He looked brand-new and this fact was still hard to register in his head.

Who knew that he could be this good-looking!

When he was walking on the streets, he noticed many people were turning their heads in his direction.

All the pretty ladies who walked past Chuck couldn't help but look twice at him. He stood out because of his charisma despite looking normal.

Coupled with the fresh hair cut, his already handsome face was even more attractive.

For the first time, he was turning heads. He felt odd and a little nervous at the same time. After all, people were looking at him in a new light. But as he put one foot in front of the other his confidence rose steadily and looked more at ease.

From now on, everything was going to change for the better.

Chuck wolfed down a bowl of noodles at a random restaurant and then left to the university by car.

Lara Jean meanwhile was busy capturing photos in the classroom to try to seduce the baller later tonight. She chose the best-looking one for their conversation later.

Queenie Carson was quite depressed. She was still waiting for the car owner's call. Why hadn't she heard from him? She had been waiting anxiously for a few days, and she really wanted to talk to him.

She sighed and decided to discuss it with Chuck later. She felt like she was on the verge of breaking down if this situation persisted.

There was the sound of high heels clicking outside of the classroom, and suddenly the noisy the classroom became quiet. Yvette Jordan, their teacher was approaching and it was time for class to start.

"Ah, why is Chuck absent again today?' Queenie could not help but worry when she saw that the seat next to her was empty again.

"That jerk isn't coming anymore, he is totally different now since he just hooked up with..." Lara was still browsing through her photos while throwing a jab at Chuck sarcastically.

Last night there must have been something wrong with her to actually call up Chuck for those reasons. Thinking back on it now, she couldn't picture how would she feel if Chuck really took the bait and went for her. She would definitely feel sickened by that.

Fortunately, Chuck did not accept her invitation.

"Who is Chuck hooking up with?" A classmate asked.

A wave of panic swept over Lara. She was glad that she kept her mouth shut just in time. If she had blurted out Zelda Maine's name like this, the consequences would be severe.

She stopped talking and threw a cold glance at her classmate, before turning back to continue working on her own matters.