CHAPTER - 10

Chuck Cannon was very worried. If Yvette Jordan knew that he had bought this car, what would she do? He didn't want her to know now.

However, Chuck's worry was obviously unnecessary. Yvette drove very fast. They passed by in a flash of light and she did not even look at him at all. It seemed that she never thought that he would be able to afford this car. He breathed a sigh of relief and stepped on the gas pedal to speed up.

Yvette glanced at the rearview mirror with a cold look. She was a little confused. "This car is one of the top luxury cars in its series, isn't it? It costs more than two million dollars. Whose car is it?"

She had been living in this area for a long time, and she knew almost all the cars. Someone must've bought a new car. However, such an extravagant car cost a lot, so who could afford it?

As she pondered about it, Yvette had already returned to her residential area. She had come back to retrieve her cell phone as she realized she forgot to bring it out when she came out just now.

Yet, she didn't see Chuck who was supposedly heaving a large bag downstairs. She frowned to herself and muttered, "Did he take a taxi and leave so soon?"

"Still taking a taxi in such a money-lacking situation? Hopeless of him." Yvette shook her head coldly...

Chuck drove his BMW to the furniture store. He didn't want to buy any over-the-top furniture since practicality is more important.

However, others didn't think so. Driving such an amazing car, the saleswoman had recommended the most expensive furniture for Chuck. A bed which cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, and a sofa that cost around seventy or eighty thousand dollars. Chuck sighed. Yes, he had money now, but he couldn't spend it recklessly.

In the end, Chuck spent 200,000 dollars for two beds, a sofa, cabinet, etc. They were almost done.

They could be delivered by tomorrow. Chuck took the receipt and walked out of the furniture store, but...

When he went out, he saw his classmate Queenie Carson, who had a good relationship with Chuck.

He still remembered how she defended him the last time when he said he had 'picked up some money'. However, he was slightly frustrated as she had somehow accidentally scratched his new car with her bicycle.

Queenie was visibly scared that her face turned pale. She had been wiping the scratched area with wet tissue while tears welled up in her eyes. But how could the scratch be covered up with tissue?

Queenie realized this and couldn't help crying. Her family was very ordinary, but she definitely recognized such a popular brand like BMW. She cried because she couldn't afford to pay for it!

Chuck couldn't stand it any longer and hurried over. "Queenie, what are you crying for?"

When Queenie saw that there was someone she knew, she stood up and cried even more anxiously.

She couldn't stop her tears from flowing. "Ah? Chuck, I hit someone's car. I didn't notice that I accidentally hit it when I was riding my bicycle. I've been trying to remove it with tissue, but I can't. What should I do? What should I do?"