CHAPTER - 31

Manager Yarn was once again tongue-tied. What did he mean? Was he really supposed to kneel and beg Chuck Cannon for forgiveness?

He froze like a statue, feet glued firmly to the floor. His eyes widened in disbelief at Chuck, whose calm and expressionless emotions contrasted his own!

He could not understand.

He had a good relationship with the boss. How could the boss force him to kneel down to others?

Who exactly is this Chuck Cannon?

The shock on his face slowly subsided as he realized the truth, now looking more complicated than stunned.

Yvette Jordan froze. If she hadn't heard it from Director Wendel with her own ears, she wouldn't believe that something amazing and unbelievable just took place because of one phone call Chuck made.

Who did Chuck call just now? Yvette racked her brain to try to think who it was. No one else had the power to do so, apart from Zelda Maine! It must be her!

Who knew that Zelda was acquainted with the square owner. Yvette was taken aback, what a turn of events in her favour!

She looked at Chuck. For a moment, she felt a lingering thought cross her mind... Chuck really wasn't joking and didn't disappoint her.

"Yarn, are you fucking listening?" Director Wendel's steel-cold voice boomed out of the speakerphone.

"Yes, yes!" Manager Yarn's arrogance and ego from just now was already long gone, He looked at Chuck with a complicated expression, bowed his head, and knelt down!

Although there were a lot of people around, but so what? Did he dare to not disobey orders and refuse to kneel? Director Wendel would really kill him!

But!

"Hold on!" Chuck waved his hand to stop him.

"Thank you so much, Mr. Cannon. Just now, it was a misunderstanding..." Manager Yarn was overjoyed and hurried to deliver a cigarette to Chuck.

"I think you're mistaken. I don't want you to kneel down to me. You... you kneel down to Yvette and slap yourself ten times!" Chuck ordered coldly.

Manager Yarn was stunned again, his face burning in shame as though someone had just slapped him!

He turned his head and looked at Yvette who was equally stunned, his expression freezing into place. It would not be a big deal if he knelt down to Chuck since he was a man. However, Yvette was a woman, and it would be a disgrace for him to kneel down to a woman!

"Still not listening to Chuck? If so, be ready to say goodbye to your legs! I'll break them the minute you get back!" Director Wendel threatened once again.

"Don't, I'll kneel!" Manager Yarn was so scared that his face turned pale. He immediately knelt down in front of Yvette.

She was stunned without words.

"Slap sound!"

Manager Yarn raised his hand and slapped his face, the loud slaps echoing throughout the corridor. Some people who were nearby started to gather around to see what was going on. They were all puzzled, what was going on? As they saw the once high and mighty director kneeling on the ground and slapping himself, they started whispering and snickering.