CHAPTER - 84

A minute later, Zelda Maine hung up the phone. She breathed a sigh of relief and lowered her head to look at the number on the screen. She felt a little warm in her heart after the call.

She briefly spoke to Chuck Cannon just now. The first sentence he said was not out of surprise, anger, or even blame. Instead, he said only a few words after three seconds of silence.

"Wait a minute, I'll be right there!"

Zelda felt warm in her heart. It was a big deal that she had to pay so much money for this accident.

Perhaps all her savings and the revenue from her restaurant had to be emptied towards this.

Unless she sold several restaurants right away, she wouldn't have enough money. She did think of selling the restaurants, but how could she sell them in a short time?

Chuck said that he would come soon, which undoubtedly comforted Zelda. At least if the amount could be lesser, then it would be easier for her to fork out the money.

"Mom, aunties, don't worry.... my boyfriend will be here soon," Zelda whispered.

"Alright..." Manny Lowe still couldn't stop her tears from falling. "My dear girl, I'm sorry, it's all our fault..."

"Yes, it's all our fault."

Zelda shook her head, and then she said to the receptionist, "Wait a minute, I have a friend coming."

The receptionist had no choice but to say, "Okay."

"Zelda, right?" The middle-aged rich man who was picking up the fragments on the ground looked up at Zelda.

"Yes, nice to meet you, Director Smith." Zelda was very polite. He was a famous antique collector in the province. He not only collected thousands of antiques but also had collected three rare luminous pearls. One of them was worth hundreds of millions. His wealth was beyond words.

"I went to your restaurant to eat a few times. I didn't expect that you still remember me." He said.

"It's my honour for you to remember me," Zelda said politely.

Manny and the other two looked at each other. The middle-aged man just spent two million on the broken pieces on the ground, which shocked them.

All three of them realized that he was wealthy and powerful, but Zelda actually knew him?

Then... could he put in a good word for them?

Perhaps he could convince the hotel owner to lower the compensation amount.

The woman with tight jeans thought in her heart, In fact, when she suggested for Zelda to call Chuck Cannon, she was thinking of every possible effort to get them out of this mess. After all, she had no choice. It was impossible for her husband to raise so much money even from selling the company and their other property. She could only find another way. Therefore, there was no other way but to call Chuck.

She didn't believe that the plaza was Chuck's, but he could book such an expensive hotel for them. Perhaps there was some connection between him and the hotel owner!