CHAPTER - 72

When Chuck Cannon coined the term "wifey", he felt terrible. Since Yvette Jordan was still not open to these things, she would probably feel upset.

As expected, Yvette gave Chuck a sharp stare and said, "No, you send Queenie Carson back home."

Chuck looked pleasantly surprised. He called her as his wife, yet she was not even mad at Chuck was so excited that he felt encouraged. "Yvette, I'm so sorry. I didn't see the text message you sent me just now. I wanted to come and sit in your car."

"You didn't even take some time to check, did you?" Yvette said coldly and pressed a button for the parking lot on the elevator's control panel. Lara Jean and other students had gone ahead, including Queenie Carson. Chuck wouldn't have said such things to Yvette in front of his classmates.

"It's not like that." The elevator door opened, and Chuck casually walked in. Yvette had a few drinks. Although she was not drunk, it was still risky for her to sit behind the steering wheel. Chuck wasn't at ease and seemed helpless. At least, he had to make sure that Yvette would reach home safely.

Yvette had the faint smell of alcohol on her body, and her face was all flushed. She gave off the impression of being slightly intoxicated and stimulated, Her sexually attractive aura could evoke the attention of other men. Even Chuck himself could not control the irresistible urge to stare at Yvette's round, shapely backside. Her skinny jeans go perfectly with her toned figure. Chuck caught himself in a dilemma.

They had been sleeping together for almost ten years, but Chuck never realized how physically fit Yvette's body had been. He contemplated on doing something sensual to her inside the elevator now, such as caressing her soft skin. Would she resist and urge him to stop?

Yvette didn't know how to express her emotions. Chuck handed Yvette some hangover pills and brought extra food for late-night snacks.

The next morning, he had some breakfast delivered. To some extent, his actions moved her. Chuck still showed concern for her since they had once lived together for so long.

Today, Yvette wanted to relax and take her classmates out for another sing-along session. When she sent Chuck a message, she hesitated for a moment and even felt nervous. However, over ten minutes went by since she sent the text, and Yvette had not yet gone inside the car. Was taking the bus more convenient than sitting in her private vehicle?

Yvette was getting a little irritated. Later on, Yvette saw Chuck and Queenie sharing a duet song. Why were they singing together? Their faces showed much happiness that they even embraced each other while giggling, putting Yvette in an awkward spot.

It was like someone else took away her things. Yvette wanted to drink some wine, but she forgot that she drove here. She would call someone to pick her up. Anyway, nobody asked her to drive.

The door of the Celestial Ladder opened and seven people swarmed in. Yvette stepped back to make way for them.

Chuck accidentally bumped into her. This time, he was very excited. He had been thinking about Yvette for the entire night. When his hand touched hers, he instantly felt a connection.

Fortunately, Yvette didn't know, otherwise, it would be awkward. However, Chuck could feel the weird mentality people had on the bus. Every minute and second was painful.