CHAPTER - 18

Chuck Cannon was surprised by Lara Jane's words. She had always been dismissive of him.

The only reason why Lara was willing to lend money to Chuck was that she had made an agreement with him for him to pay her back double if he couldn't pay up on time. Despite it being the extremely ruthless deal, the truth was without this condition, she would never have agreed to lend Chuck Cannon any money even if he begged her to.

Was it not possible for Lara who looked down on him to say something like that?

Chuck looked at Lara doubtfully.

Lara was also nervous and even felt ashamed.

Lara was already furious that Conrad Lee had left her alone. She suddenly found that her boyfriend was a wimp, not willing to even stand up for his girlfriend when she is hurt. Compared to Chuck, Conrad was as timid as a mouse!

Just like this, Lara suddenly found that if Chuck could know a boss like Zelda Maine, he probably had hidden talent. Besides, she was really scared just now, so she really needed Chuck to put in a good word for her to Zelda. Moreover, when she seduced Chuck just now, he had seen most of her body. So Lara gave herself an excuse that she was reluctantly giving him some benefit.

Zelda rolled her beautiful eyes and smiled. "Say something!"

Lara's face was burning with shame. She thought Chuck was doing it on purpose, what type of men wouldn't gobble a pretty lady if offered to them willingly? She knew it too well, the reason why he didn't speak was to embarrass her. Did she want to make her say it more straightforwardly?

The more Lara thought about it, the angrier she became. "I will have sex with you, do you understand? As long as you can put in a good word for me, my body is yours to play with tonight!"

Chuck wanted to laugh just now. He never thought that Lara would say such sexually explicit words, to offer to have sex with him so that he would put in a good word for her.

The main point was that Zelda was extremely mad at the moment, and Chuck didn't actually know her for long.

Maybe, Zelda would do him a favor and let her off the hook, but this would break the newly made the friendship between the two. They would probably become less acquainted and slowly become strangers and it just wasn't worth it.

Chuck shook his head helplessly. "You can talk about it yourself. I can't help you."

"You!" Lara was angry. "You are really a loser. Go to hell!"

Lara was furious but at the same time fearful towards Zelda, pleading to her in a small, timid voice, "Director Maine, I really know I was wrong. I won't say that again."

Chuck felt helpless upon seeing Lara's teary-eyed face. After all, he had borrowed money from her last time. Although it was over the top, she had temporarily solved his meal problems. It was better to say a few words.

Chuck started, "Sister Zelda..."

"You don't have to say anything else. Since you've already spoken, let's forget about it this time," Zelda said.

"Thank you, Director, Maine!"

Lara was so surprised that she almost cried. She was relieved. If a rich person like Zelda decided to keep a watch on her, she might not be able to live out her university life peacefully.