CHAPTER - 77

Manny and both her friends kept staring at Chuck Cannon. How shameless of him! How could he feel so great about using a woman's money?

"Men these days are all so thick-skinned?"

"Auntie, don't say that Chuck is not like what you said." Zelda was getting frustrated.

The woman in hot pants tried to convince her.

"Zelda, stop talking. We are here to help you. We're more experienced in this field than you. We can tell what he wants to do with all these small gestures. He has been sweet-talking to you right? Don't trust him, just break up with him! I'll find you someone that is a hundred times better than him."

"Yes, Zelda, this kid is just pretending to be rich with your money, yet still acting so bold. How shameless can he be?"

"You..." Zelda was furious. However, Chuck reached out and patted her hands, indicating that she should not be angry.

Zelda felt helpless and was on the verge of breaking down. Her heart was filled with guilt. After all, she was the one who had begged Chuck to come over. Now that he was being attacked by her two aunties, she was absolutely apologetic for Chuck.

Chuck looked at them and said calmly, "No, I don't need to pay to eat here!"

Manny was even more furious!

The woman in tight jeans sneered, "Haha! That's so funny. You really don't realize how much nonsense you're talking. How do you even say such things? Well, since you said you don't need to pay to eat here, tell me then, who are you and why don't you need to pay to eat here?"

"Don't bother, he definitely doesn't have an answer for it. I told you he was just bragging. This meal is worth thousands of dollars. Do you think you really don't have to pay? Who do you think you are?" The woman in hot pants sneered.

How ridiculous! She definitely wouldn't believe Chuck Cannon's words.

"It's true that this gentleman doesn't need to pay to eat here." Someone announced from afar. Betty Bernard, who was wearing a work uniform, walked over.

The three women frowned altogether.

Zelda was quite surprised. She had seen Betty before. She was the woman in suit from the banquet last time who brought in hundreds of people with a mere snap. Was she the manager here? Did Chuck know the owner of this hotel?

"Is she Chuck's friend?" Zelda wondered.

"Young..." Betty looked at Chuck respectfully, but Chuck waved his hand instead.

Betty understood it immediately and suppressed the "Master" that she was about to say.

"May I know if you have any comments about our services?" Betty asked with a calm face.

"Who is he?" Manny asked.

"An esteemed guest, he is the VIP of our hotel!" Betty said.

Manny and the ladies were becoming more suspicious. "Is that even true?"

The woman in hot pants looked at Chuck a few more times. If he was the VIP of the hotel, why would he not have a car? She was ridiculed.