CHAPTER - 42

Yvette felt that everything was fishy. In the afternoon, she was already shocked by the fact that Yolanda came to find Chuck. When Yolanda went out with Chuck, she thought that they were going to hang out.

Maybe they were going for dinner or for a walk. However, Yvette did not expect to see Chuck here.

This was a square, a place for official business deeds. What was he doing here? What made her feel even more strange was that Yolanda was here too!

As for Yolanda, she was still a college student who had not graduated yet, so it was not surprising that she was at the square. After all, there was plenty of entertainment here where most youngsters came here to eat, play and relax. It was completely normal for her to come here. But, it was strange for Yolanda, as a student, to be sitting in the manager's office!

When did she become the manager? And if she did, how?

These were questions that Yvette desperately wanted answers to. Why did Yolanda bring Chuck to the manager's office after looking for him this afternoon?

What was the relationship between these two people?

Yvette automatically disregarded the possibility of them being a couple, because they didn't have any contact before, and they had just met each other recently.

Chuck knew that things didn't look good for him now, because the doubts and strangeness on Yvette's face became more and more intense. What was he going to do?

"Yvette, what are you..." Chuck had no choice but to ask first, although he knew what she was doing.

"l came over to ask about the renewal of the company." Yvette walked over. "When did Yolanda become the manager?"

Chuck shook his head. "l don't know either. Yolanda brought me here in the afternoon, saying that she would find part-time work for me, so I came over..."

"Yes, I just took over the manager's position, and it happened that I was short of help, so I asked Chuck to help me," said Yolanda who knew what Chuck was thinking as she smiled.

At the same time, Yolanda was also surprised at why Yvette, a teacher, was here. Did she have a business in the square? If so, she was pretty amazing.

Yvette suddenly understood and felt that Yolanda's explanation was a reasonable one.

But she was still puzzled. Why did Yolanda Lane suddenly become a manager? She knew that Manager Yarn was out of the office for a few days, probably because Zelda Maine had the owner of the square fire him after Chuck called her the last time. However, it was unexpected for the owner of the square to replace Manager Yarn with a student who has yet to graduate from college. Maybe Yolanda knew the owner of the square!

With that, Yvette managed to convince herself that this wasn't a strange sight anymore. She nodded as a sign of agreeing to Yolanda, and couldn't help glancing at Chuck a few more times. "You're quite working hard. Weren't you working part-time at the housing agency last time?"

Chuck heaved a sigh of relief, secretly speechless with Yvette. The reason why Yvette was asking him this was because the last time when he met her at the Housing Ministry, he had tried to give an excuse that he was doing a part-time job there. Chuck could only say that he quit the job.