[72]

c h a p t e r - s e v e n t y t w o

"..and we would fly at night to watch out for humans. Then," Taeyong shifted in his sleeping position and peeked on your face, a content smile decoring his flawless feature. "You already slept."

You did not respond as expected, Taeyong grinning shortly just by seeing you.

"No worries, the story ended anyway." He leaned close and planted a long kiss over your forehead. "Sleep tight."

He fixed your blanket and checked you one last time. He shut the door close and finally let down the real expression he has been concealing.

It was all sadness and worry.

"You done telling her your crappy story?"

Taeyong all together turned into a tough facade once he heard Lucas. He rolled his eyes and crossed arms. "Crappy huh? She get to sleep with my soothing voice, don't dare to talk shit about my story."

"Cheesy and boring one, that's why she fell asleep." Lucas continued to tease.

Taeyong's hand flared for a moment while his arms was cris-crossed and it caught the other tall guy off guard.

"You're so short tempered, I am just kidding." Lucas laughed, attempting to hang his arms on Taeyong's shoulders but backed away. "You're not gonna flame your whole back, right?"

"I will."

"Thanks for being honest," giggled Lucas.

Taeyong clicked his tounge, having enough of another's playtime. "What do you need?"

"Hi!" Chenle appeared with his friend, obviously Jisung, that is stucked as always with him. "Where's Noona?"

"She's in the room, sleeping." Lucas answered instead.

"Can we stay with her-" Jisung still hasn't finish his whole sentence when Taeyong snapped his head, a skeptical look following. The young man scratched his neck. "We thought it would just be great to stay with her. It's comfortable being with her."

"Sure, sure." Lucas snapped his fingers gesturing the other two who seemed rather terrified at Taeyong than following what they really want.

Taeyong glared at Lucas sharply. "Who are you to tell that? She's doing great at her own."

"I think it would just be better if they'd stay with her. Atleast Y/N could call out when she  needs to, and don't lecture me about the fact that you are just protecting her and she's been safe with that way of yours. Y/N still have the right to have closure to literally any creature. Monsters, Humans," Lucas gestured Taeyong that they should start walking and so they did, still with the other grimacing in irritation. "You name it. Even to Ten."

"Why is he mentioned once again? My ears are burning." Taeyong scoffed, raising his index finger adorably with his sweater paws. "I'm not speaking by means of being literal. Just a metaphor."

"At first I didn't think I would actually see Ten being that happy, but I think he shines the most smile whenever she sees Y/N." Lucas stopped him from opening the door where the rest are currently seated. "Anyone can tell."

"And why is that?" Taeyong, for once, did not get annoyed. He was sincerely curious.

"I don't know, man." Lucas shook his head.