[10]

c h a p t e r - t e n

Sicheng was watching you from afar, busy finishing a puzzle with a sigh. The moonlight striking from the big windows lightens your skin.

He knows you're not having a troubled expression because of how impossible the puzzle is, but because of how much you think about you're normal life.

When you were finally putting the last piece, Sicheng showed himself.

"Oh, you guys are already done?" You asked, removing your folded legs in the couch and sitting properly. Sicheng walked beside you and rested his head on the couch, not answering. You awkwardly forced a laugh. "Right.. you wouldn't be here if you're not yet done. Anyway, is Mark okay?"

"He is. He told us everything." Sicheng glanced at you with a hint of smile. "You should never go to that place, okay?"

"Why not?"

"It's dangerous for humans like you there, that's all I can tell." Sicheng smiled while closing his eyes, hoping you won't ask further questions.

You shifted your position into turning your attention with him fully. "Do you guys find that guy who can make me forget about all of this?"

Sicheng sighed, a frown slightly forming to form in his face. "It's hard to find that person but don't worry, we'll be able to find an answer soon."

"That's great. I am not meant to be in this place." You mumbled, returning to the puzzle and doing it once again.

Sicheng fluttered his eyes open, looking on your busy figure. Although your back shows, he can still get a proper view on your side.

He lets out a small smile. It might be a small time with you but he enjoyed it a lot.

You looked so vulnerable with them, unlike how you appear to humans, and it makes him feel like he would always want to heal your bruises, like his ability is useful in a good way.

Sicheng was dazed on how you managed to live alone even adding up the heartbreak about no longer having your father beside you. He used to hated these abilities and so does the others but now that he witnessed, he's unsure himself of what he should be doing if he's in your shoe.

As far as he know, you should be having fun with friends, competing with other kids, and growing up and learning about mistakes.

But you couldn't.

When you felt someone looking at you, you immediately turned around which made Sicheng quickly pretend to close his eyes, slightly parting his lips to show his asleep.

A mischievous smile spread on your face. "Didn't know people can be this gorgeous." You mumbled, checking every inch of it. His perfection made you unconsciously lean closer. "I should've learn how to social with others if they are as perfect as hi- Oh my goodness. Y/N!"

You slapped your own cheek, scooting back while Sicheng fought the urge to grin.

"What am I saying? No way! First of all, he's not a human and he's my kidnapper! And second, he isn't.. gorgerous.." You trailed off, getting a good look of it once again. Sicheng felt uncomfortable when there was a pause. "Well, he's kind of."