[23]

reminder;

i updated two chapters yesterday. (chap. 21 and 22) but im not sure if you get notified at chapter 21 because i updated it when our internet is hella slow so i hope you see it if you ever still hasn't. thank you!

please do check the chaps or refresh, im not sure if it notifies you. lovelots!

xx

c h a p t e r - t w e n t y t h r e e

"It was you." You mumbled at Donghyuck, realizing he was with you that day when you felt so alone.

"It must've hurt a lot." He patted your back before pulling away.

"Okay but what.." Taeil slowly put himself in the middle of you and Donghyuck to have an enough distance. "..are you guys doing?"

"Having a deep talk." Donghyuck weirdly glanced at Taeil who gave him a bitch-move-smile. "And you ruined it by sitting in the middle."

"Be thankful. If Taeyong was the one who sees you hugging human, he will definitely give you lessons." Taeil scoffed.

You scowled at what he called you, somehow offended. "Human?"

"Yup. You're a human, aren't you?" Taeil squeezed himself until he can already fit. "You seem offended."

"Because I am."

"Why tho?" Donghyuck chuckled.

"Because humans are offending." You joked.

Soon enough, the guys gathered leaving you to seat between Taeil and Jaehyun. They leave atleast some space for you not to be extremely uncomfortable.

For the first time, you enjoyed the warmth of someone sitting beside you but was still slightly anxious since it's rare for someone to be this close to you.

The view was satisfying and calming, well not until you would dare to look below and realize that you're one push away to death.

"Hey," Jaehyun softly called.

"Were you talking to me?" You turned to see him looking infront of the view.

"Are you okay?" Jaehyun smiled. "You must have miss your father so much."

"You suddenly opened? But yeah, I miss him." You tilted your head to realize something. "Do you guys also have something like loss of a life? Or there's no death in your world?"

"Death and Dissipating is the terms for humans and supernaturals but it all means one and that is losing one's life." Taeyong's deep voice said.

"Did you already lose someone?" You continued to asked, curious of their life this time.

"We did, we also lost a father like you did." Jungwoo's sad voice made the calm atmosphere died down. Something about the empath feeling a dominant expression makes the others feel the same. "He's Mr. Jung."

"Mr. Jung?" You recalled his name somewhere. "Did you mentioned him before? He sound familiar."

"Do you remember when you applied in us for a job?" Jaehyun grinned which you replied with a bitter nod.

"Of course. I was scared to death with all of you that time. How is it connected to my question though?"

"We thought he's the one who gave you the card. Its still a mystery until now. No one knows that our building exists because it was only made for other supernatural like us and you miraculously arrived there." Jaehyun looked at you. "Do you still remember how the man looked?"