[41]

c h a p t e r - f o r t y o n e

"This book is kidding.. right?" Johnny stood up.

"You know The Guide Book has no time for that childish thing." Taeyong managed to stay calm under pressure, together with the tension rising from his members.

Johnny sarcastically scoffed. "Then how the fuck can a human protect us?!"

"Calm down!" Donghyuck yelled. "Both sides are possible. Y/N has been pretty suspicious by her own identity because of how much different she is from other humans. Don't you get it?"

"Y/N is a human to protect because hunters are all after her" Jungwoo claimed, getting mad as well. "Mr. Jung is the one who protects us since we were young, there's no way he can be replaced."

"Exactly. Mr. Jung is our protector, and only him." Yuta brushed his hair up. "Besides, it will be impossible for Human to be involved-"

"She already is." Mark suddenly blurted, agreeing from what Donghyuck had said. "Can't you see? Or are you denying?"

Johnny glared. "Mark."

"I'm just saying the truth. You are all wanting to know the answer behind everything and now that it's all here, you keep denying it." Mark scoffed, preparing to leave. "You decide what's happening. I don't care if you'll like to keep protecting her, but for me, I'll forever protect her."

He gave his brothers one last meaningful glance before making his way out.

But his heel came to a stop to see you standing there. His doe eyes widened, grabbing both of your arms.

"Why are you here?!" He gulped his own saliva. "Y-You're not well yet."

"I have to tell you something." You managed to utter despite your voice straining, trying it's best to prevent you from speaking.

Mark have no choice but to guide you in since he can clearly see your not capable of standing all by yourself for a long time. The other guys inside who seems to be in the middle of serious discussion all froze to see Mark back, with you this time.

"Mark, why did you bring her here?" Donghyuck narrowed his eyes, quickly hiding the book behind.

"She said she has something to say." Mark scratched the back of his neck while looking at you who's having a seat.

"You better rest after this." Jaehyun sighed while poking his tounge inside his mouth, not being able to look at you.

All he keep remembering were the words that run in The Guide Book.

"Taeil introduced me someone that can read minds," You immediately started. "And he's name is Ten."

Their faces either scrunched because of bitterness or sadness. You ignored their expressions and the sudden tension that can be felt.

"I want to tell that.." You played with both of your thumb, nervousness running all over your arms. "I.."

"Tell us, Y/N." Doyoung eyed you intently. His thoughts kept rummaging and running endless while you keep being silent. "Did he hurt you? Threatened you? What did he do?"

Your eyes circled. "Is he capable of doing that?"

Taeyong's eyes slowly turned from soft to sharp one. "What does that mean?"

"I.. I've keep meeting him for the past days. Everytime we go outside, we always bump into each other."

"What?!" They all said in unison which made you slightly flinch. Their voices are deep and terrifyingly loud when matched together.