[35]

c h a p t e r - t h i r t y f i v e

"Care to explain?" Doyoung crossed his arms. He was then slapped in his arm by Taeyong making him grimace. "Why are you hitting me?"

"Because you're scaring her." Taeyong scoffed then looked at you. "So what exactly is the reason?"

You played with your fingers on your lap. "I.."

Yuta sighed heavily while crossing his arms. "To start the topic, you're not yet sleeping at this time."

"Tsh." You scoffed.

"D-Did she just scoffed on us?" Sicheng blinked in disbelief since he didn't expect you to be rude at that moment.

"Well, you guys are also awake at this time." You flipped your hair. "And that's exactly the reason why I'm currently awake."

"Wow, she's literally blaming us now?" Donghyuck looked at you.

"This is expected." Mark whispered. "You know how she's called as 'cruel loner' in her school."

"I can hear you! And what did you say?" You glared. "Cruel Loner? They call me that?!"

"You don't know?" Donghyuck mockingly chuckled, adding up your irritation. "Well, they do. It's because you never socialize and give everyone a death glare if they get any inch closer to you. I mean.. where's the lie?"

You gasped and stood up, ready to throw hands at him only to be pushed back lightly by Jaehyun. "Nope. That's not our topic. You're dodging the questions."

"And.. what are these?" Johnny raised the stack of books in his huge palm. "Why are you in a such hurry to read this kind of books? Which is about anything about supernaturals?"

"You.." Sicheng bit his lip. "Are you doubting us?"

The whole room died down. From what Sicheng said, everybody realized what's your point of doing all of this. You looked away and released a deep sigh, giving up.

"Well, like I was saying, I was curious about you guys." You turned serious as well.

Taeil raised his brow. "Because we're having meeting in the middle of the night? That's not a valid-"

"No. Because of the topic you guys are having." Tears threatened to gather all up in your eyes but you luckily stopped them. "You're all worried that your ability is no longer working on mine."

"That's.. That's why you eavesdrop?" Jungwoo coughed. "W-Wait, what about it?"

Unknowingly, a tear slipped on your cheeks. You immediately wiped it and put up a tougher facade. "Nothing. It's nothing."

Tsh. Of course they won't understand. You thought.

"Hey, hey, hey. Don't cry." Taeyong grinned before going in your direction. He knelt down on the ground and attempted to grab on your cheeks only for you to swat away.

"Oh. Awful." Yuta teased.

"Okay, okay." Taeyong licked his lip with a smile hanging visibly in him. He cleared his throat and nodded. "Of course we would be worried. How are we gonna protect you if our abilities doesn't work on you? Well, that would be absurd, right?"

Your eyes widened for a brief moment after you processed what Taeyong said. You awkwardly looked at the boys who are giving you all their attention at the moment.

"Is that true?" You mumbled.

Taeyong laughed and ruffled your hair. "Of course. Why would I lie about it?"