[98]

c h a p t e r - n i n e t y e i g h t

"Aunt, it was really nice talking to you." You mumbled after some few casual talks.

Sicheng just stayed silent within those moments too, having himself face bothering thoughts about you.

"My stories are odd, and my whole personality is. I'm surprised you liked talking to me." The lady smirked sideways. "Even when we're actually quiet most of the time now."

"It just delighted me to speak to someone like you. It feels like you are my real aunt-- Actually, you're not like my real aunt." Your face dropped and your mood evaporated into dark mist. "You're far from my real aunt."

Yep. You mean it.

"Why?" She softly asked after hearing your voice tone down and feeling the mood just flip upside down. "Is there something about your aunt you hate?"

"We all hate, Aunt So-un." Sicheng was completely silent but he surprised you when he suddenly speak.

You can still see the flaming anger in his eyes now that the topic about your aunt was once again opened.

"She's horrible," added Sicheng.

His descriptions was just like that at first until it was added with more and more words, describing the fiery pit of his emotions towards your mean relative.

Now, all the hatred vibrating in your skin because of the thought of your aunt just peeled off hearing Sicheng talk.

It's making you crack a smile how angry they really are as if they are the ones who experienced all the injustice your aunt and her family did to you.

That just proves how much he and the other guy cares for you.

~~~

"Did you know that Bang Chan from the Beginners was seen standing and staring into the front view the day we almost died?" Jeno mumbled while sipping a can of drink beside Taeil and Xiaojun.

"He must be praying at the realms," concluded Xiaojun.

"Oh. They do pray and communicate at the realms? Not like their--" Jeno cut himself, slowly realizing that Taeil, which is one of the topics that he will be opening up, is there.

Xiaojun didn't need to hear the next part. He slowly looked at Taeil and Jeno gradually did the same, making both of them stare at Taeil.

Both thinking the same thing.

How could a Beginner under their supervision actually know how to communicate with the realms when they themselves don't believe on that faith?

Because of the increasing seconds getting stared at, Taeil used his ability to teleport and disappear in his current seat.

Xiaojun and Jeno in sync looked with round eyes, seeing right before their pupils how Taeil dissipated.

The can Jeno was holding almost dropped in surprise but his reflexes to use Telekineses rushed, grabbing it quickly fortunately. "You surprised me!"

Well, it's just Taeil who was once seated beside Xiaojun now being beside Jeno.

"What could I do? You guys are staring at me and I know you won't look away anytime." Taeil shrugged.