[21]

c h a p t e r - t w e n t y o n e

Johnny did a protective stance while keeping you behind him. You anxiously covered your ears when a terrifying scream echoed in the whole place.

He immediately turned to you with a gush of worry visible in his eyes. "I'll have to keep you away." He grabbed your wrist and started speeding on a certain direction.

You shivered while taking a good look into his muscular arms. It was stained with blood, probably he got from Jangmoon.

Johnny quietly opened a door while typing passcodes before letting you in. A dimmed room that was only illuminated by neon lights. It almost looked like another living room of someone's house except that it was more dark.

Johnny pressed a switch as it slowly litted the place. It was an old style place and it gives a vibe of a resting place. No one could even imagine such room like this exists under the huge, tall, and modernized building of their working place.

You gritted your teeth when you remembered this is the place where you met them for the first time.

"We'll stay here for the time being. Everyting is a chaos upstairs." He grimaced when a blood drip on his sweatpants and your eyes easily noticed it since he was wearing a white one.

Your eyes then widened to see three lines of claws digged into his arms. And that was when you realize why his arms were bleeding so much.

You pulled Johnny with you which caught the guy off guard.

"Are there any first aid kit here?" You made him sit in a chair and didn't let him stand.

"What do you mean first aid? We can wait for Sich--"

"No." You silenced him. A mischievous grin spread on his face while watching you reach a first aid kit that was resting on a black box. "Even your first aid kit is something mysterious."

Johnny pressed his lips into thin line seeing you in a rush to fix his wounds. You immediately grabbed a chair infront of him and opened the box.

Johnny coughed, "You don't have to--"

"I'm good at medicals. Besides," You glared, pulling a cotton. "We can't always ask for Sicheng to heal you guys. Especially in times like this."

"But--"

"Don't speak or I'm making this awful." You glared, pulling the basin of water and a towel before damping his wounds as cautious as you can.

"Okay," Johnny breathed. "But--"

"I said, don't." You pressed the cloth harder making the guy flinch. "Talk."

"You have to listen to me first!" He cried in pain, blowing his wound as if it wasn't as huge as a claw.

You croseed your arms. "What?"

"You don't have to clean my wounds or do anything about it." He muttered while the pain from the cloth you harshly pressed earlier slowly disappeared. You were about to speak but he immediately raised his hands in defeat. "Hey, hey! Wait! Listen to me first."

"I'm listening."

He teasingly smiled. "But you were about to say something."

"But I didn't."

"Oh, well." He rolled his eyes in defeat. What else can he do with your smart mouth? "Anyway, you don't really have to do anything about my wounds. Because it doesn't hurt."

"Huh?" You tilted your head in confusion.

"I'm tolerant in pain. I'm not a super strength for nothing." Johnny attractively chuckled.