[56]

c h a p t e r - f i f t y s i x

"The poison is for everyone.. What the?" You rapidly blinked your eyelids.

Jungwoo panted, not looking in your eyes. "I-I am sorry."

"Y/N, you found him?" Taeil's voice can be heard worrying from the outside.

"Yeah, we are-" You were interrupted when a tight grip wrapped around your stomach and his other hand slowly coming for your neck.

Jungwoo's heavy breathing echoed behind your ears while his fingers tighten and loosen every now and then. It's like he was fighting through a monster inside of him, and it didn't make you scared.

It made you worry for Jungwoo's condition.

Because of heavy growls, the guys were quick to recognize that it wasn't Jungwoo. They raced inside a room and Donghyuck became everyone's light when tremendous amount of thunders struck his existence.

Although it seemed like Jungwoo was choking you, he wasn't. He was winning the fight somehow.

"Kim Jungwoo!" Taeyong yelled that even you would shake. "Let go!"

Because of the sudden yell, it seemed like Jungwoo himself lost the battle. You can feel his nails dig in.

"Kim Jungwoo!" Yuta balled his fist, slowly approaching.

"D-D-Don't come close," You shut your eyes as a gesture for them. "P-Please."

"You're dying and you told us not to come close?" Sicheng sipped some air. "Can you shut up, Y/N?"

Once Jungwoo's grip soften, you quickly held his hand and pulled it away from your neck, coughing repeteadly.

"Just go," You looked at the group of guys infront who's unsure of what to do. "He can't do anything because his abilities won't work."

While saying those words, you can tell Jungwoo is slowly tightening his grip on your stomach, making it hard to breathe.

"Lee Y/N-"

"Mark, please." You gritted your teeth. "If you stay here longer, e-everyone will be harmed."

"Fuck it," Donghyuck whispered as his abilities circling around dissipated. He knew you can do it. "We have to go guys."

Jaehyun shot him a glare. "Shut up-"

"We have to fucking go, or I'm gonna roast everyone in this place." Donghyuck pushed mostly Mark who's the first one to listen to his words.

You made sure to keep eye contact with Taeyong while he slowly leaves the place. Because you know that once you rip your gaze off, he'll know you are in pain.

Finally, you're left with Jungwoo all alone.

You gripped his arm and closed your eyes in pain. "J-Jungwoo."

With one abrupt pull, he rip his arms off your stomach causing you to fall in the ground. It sure hurted but there's no way you'll focus in there. You stood up and held his shoulders.

His eyes are not Jungwoo's.

But despite the doubt, you leaned close and pressed your lips into him.

You softened your hand around his shoulders and tapped it quietly, soothing him. Jungwoo's hand gripped on your hair and all you expected him was to pull it harshly.

However, he succeeded the fight.

Jungwoo stroked your hair and his other hand protectively held your back. He spun you around and pulled away, his lips landing instantly on your forehead. Tears couldn't help but come out from your eyes.