[54]

c h a p t e r - f i f t y f o u r

Ten swiftly slid one of his arms from your waist to your hand, making hairs all over your body stand. His touch leaned every part of your arms before it finally grabbed your palm.

You gulped heavily and looked up to see Ten who's already staring at you. "Ten.. I don't think we should.."

He softly laughed. "It's not like a crime to dance with somebody, Y/N. This is what people do in Ball."

"Oh yeah, it just d-does not sit right." You bit your lip. "For some reasons.."

"Mhm. I must say you're not comfortable around different people so you stick around them always," Ten looked away. "Why did they made you cry this evening tho?"

"Yah. Ten. They didn't." You raised your brow and looked at your hands resting over his. "Why are you even wanting to dance with me? It feels so unusual."

"Unusal? Then should we make it always?" Ten smirked. "Allow me to visit you too?"

"Yeah, and get killed by the guys." You smirked back. There was a strong pause between the two of you before soft giggles erupted from both of you.

Ten silenced himself and instead took time to stare at you. He gently sways you and his eyes shined brightly in the middle of the dark venue. "You're such a wonderful being."

"Huh?" You flinched hearing his mumbles, unsure if you heard it right. "Are you actually praising me?"

His eyes went dark. "Am I not supposed to?"

At this point, you're not certain if he's saying this to actually praise you or harm you.

"No, I just see you as an opponent." You overshadowed your fear and appeared stronger. "I'm not supposed to hear good things from a rival, unless you're saying it to make me confuse until you can attack."

"You're a smart and tough girl." Ten nodded to himself then suddenly pulled you close, making your breath hitch. His eyes turned into a blank one while looking at you. "But do you really see me as a rival?"

"Y-Yeah."

"I didn't even hurt you when I have the chance, how can you tell I'm a rival of yours?" You noticed how he gritted his teeth. "How?"

"Because the guys said so, and I do believe them." You looked down. "I'm sorry, Ten."

"Aren't you curious of what I said before?" He changed the topic as if he didn't even heard your confession and like he didn't act mad literally seconds ago.

You raised your brow. "You mean.. that thing you keep reminding me that it's better if I get away before it's too late?"

He spun you around and kept his eyes locked, you somehow melted seeing him staring at you. "Yeah, that one."

"I am still curious, but there's no way you are telling me." You shrugged. "Be it the guys turning into a monster, or I will. I no longer care. Whatever happens, I trust the realms."

It's unbelievable how your belief suddenly changed. The endless misery you always felt and the hate you give to the imaginary angels, like what you call them before, is unchanging. But for some reasons, you finally believed them all atleast once.