[51]

c h a p t e r - f i f t y o n e

The discussion didn't took long like what you expected. They easily decided to make you sleep with Mai and later on explained that its part of their tradition.

When having a meeting with Supernaturals only, the other guests who are not part of it should undergo the same thing you'll be doing, and that is the preparation. In this case, you're somehow part of their world for turning to be a mysterious Protector but of course you aren't officially part of the group. Neither of you were sure about the Protector thing.

You don't understand what this is all about but hoped you'll get answers from Mai herself.

Taeyong zipped the bag close. "All done. Here's your toothbrush, sweaters, extra clothed, but also! um-"

You chuckled, snatching the bag away from him. "Taeyong-ah, I'm not a kid going to a camping. I just need to spend a day then we can meet again, at the Ball."

"That's what makes me worry," He snatched back and kicked the bag towards Jaehyun. It suddenly floated, following behind Jaehyun who's making his way at the compartment. "Let's go."

Taeyong will be the one driving you to Mai's house where you'll be staying.

"Hey, by the way," Jungwoo suddenly appeared at the front door.

"What? Are you gonna ask to join on bringing her to Mai's house?" Taeyong scoffed. "Didn't we talk about this that I should be the only one-"

"Shh! I wasn't gonna ask about that." Jungwoo rolled his eyes. He then looked at you who's watching him timidly. "How are you feeling?"

You scrunched your face and grinned. "That's so random."

Jungwoo grinned along although visible confusion can be seen all over his face.

You decided to be serious and answered him. "Nothing much. Just somehow.. excited?"

"Really?" Jungwoo scratched his head. "I can't sense your emotions. I don't know why."

Taeyong patted his back. "Jungwoo-ah, you're tired. Remember that we used all your abilities for the past two days?"

Your ears perked. "He did? Why didn't I knew about this?"

"Well, its not that much. We used it while we were guarding outside Mai's place to see if it is safe or predict their plans, and it turns out that its safe for you." Taeyong grinned before looking to Jungwoo and ruffling his hair. "Don't think about it too much. You're probably drained. Get some rest so you'll have enough energy tomorrow."

Jungwoo tilted his head, half not yet convinced. "I'm sure I'm not drained, hyung. I don't feel weak at all."

"We will talk about it later. We should get going so Mai can prepare her," Taeyong once again grabbed your hand and pulled you towards where the car is waiting. He raised his brows to Jaehyun and smiled. "Thanks for the help. I'll be back fast. Make sure to watch them."

"You sound like a Mother, and we're not kids." Jaehyun replied back, stroking your head.

Taeyong gave a scowl. "Excuse me but I'm the one being caring here."

"Okay, seems like you guys are gonna fight, I'll be waiting inside." You shook your head, acting disappointed while entering the front seat.

Jaehyun's playful expression all disappeared once you got inside. He quickly pulled Taeyong at the compartment where you can't hear them and jerked his head. "Do you think it's really safe to make her stay at Mai's place?"