[42]

c h a p t e r - f o r t y t w o

"I think I should be the one asking who are you?" You raised your brow.

Everyone died down. It was an awkward and dangerous silence. It's as if you can feel their own nervousness.

You frowned, removing the serious expression. "Why? Why can't you answer me?"

"Y/N-ah.. you'll know soon." Taeil decided to speak up after a long silence. "Just not now.. please."

They are too stressed over days when you weren't waking up. They can't afford to add up another problem. Atleast not now.

You were ready to protest for them not to stop beating around the bush when your neck hurted like crazy once again. You hissed in pain as you fell in your knees, the guys immediately crowding.

"You're wound- I m-mean your sign." Sicheng slapped himself lightly because of what he accidentally said.

He hastily crawled beside you and wrapped his big hands arond your neck. He flinched when something stick can be felt.

"It's bleeding." The healer informed causing everyone to jolt in surprise.

"Is it bad?" You managed to ask.

"You're gonna faint," Jungwoo predicted in a distance.

And it sends you goosebumps.

Those were the last words you hear before your eyes closed. The guys watched you fall into Jaehyun's arm weakly and as delicate as possible.

"I'll take care of the blood. It's not like Sicheng can heal her." Jaehyun insisted. He knows that his brother just did it to lessen your pain.

"Jungwoo hyung is still creepy ay times." Donghyuck mumbled while hugging himself.

Jungwoo smiled shortly in response. "I also get freaked out with myself when I predict things right."

After the two stopped talking, there was an extremely uncomfortable silence.

The guys who were left behind stared awkwardly at each other. Taeyong stood up, knowing the extreme looks his brothers are giving.

He sighed heavily, refusing to meet one of the eye contacts. "I know you're expecting me to do somethi-"

"No. We're worried about you." Yuta crossed his arms. "You always carry the responsibility, we're scared you'll blame yourself this time again."

"Of course I won't." Taeyong simply mumbled before turning his back.

Taeyong stood as a leader for them. He takes things seriously especially if it's for his members. His brothers do appreciate him for that but it just bothers them when all Taeyong do was to keep everything in line. He surely is stress over everything, and of course they don't want that.

When in fact he's currently making his way to the garden because he blames himself of what is happening to you.

As soon as he arrived there, he sniffed to stop himself from crying.

He slowly approached where the wooden door that seems like time had passed a lot until the barricade echoed right infront of him. He stared on the invisible line to prevent him from getting in for a few seconds before he fell in his knees.

He bowed down and let his tears spill. "I'm the reason, right? Why you're making her suffer?"

There was no response, like how he expected it to be. But Taeyong know for sure that The Great Queen is listening.