[30]

c h a p t e r - t h i r t y

"Where could she possibly be?" Taeyong tiredly said, disappointment etched in his face.

Everyone was currently in the woods, trying to trace your scent. But for everyone's dismay, they couldn't.

And it was a big mystery for them.

They should've be able to find your scent in a minute since they have been with you for such a long time, but why couldn't they?

They have been searching for a few hours using their own abilities however, none of the trace gets familiar to them; simply meaning that it was someone else's and not yours.

It didn't help the fact that they couldn't do a better teamwork because of hating each other in some ways.

Taeyong and Mark isn't on good terms, Jungwoo and Johnny are awkward because of what almost happened earlier. Doyoung, Taeil, Donghyuck and Jaehyun - the four people who patrolled around the mansion are having their own debate for not being able to find you in the wide mansion. They are arguing whether to go back and recheck it for they might have missed since they are anxious earlier and was acting impulsive or stay in the woods instead and check in here since this place needs more help in finding because of how huge it is. Meamwhile, Yuta is mad at everyone.

So far, Sicheng is the only normal one who's also about to lose his patience on how childish his brothers act.

In conclusion, they have been acting mad and unfocused on their goal that's why they can't plan properly as a team plus the fact that your scent is a big question mark.

Can things get any worse?

The quiet awkward night with a tension in the temperature was cut off by Sicheng who was pacing back and forth.

"What if.." Sicheng gulped nervously. He himself doesn't want to believe it. "..she's gone..?"

"What do you mean?" Yuta shot up a glare. "Are you telling me she could be dead?"

"That is possible, hyung. Don't be mad at me." Sicheng immediately defended, not wanting for another argument to be born.

Taeil cleared his throat, frowning after hearing Sicheng's question. "She can't be gone. Her scent will be much stronger when she's dead."

"But Y/N is different. She can read the book about us that everyone, even the other supernaturals, couldn't. She can read the paragraphs given by the Guide Book when we can't. There was an unknowingly barrier made when Mark tried to stop her from checking The Great Queen's place," Jaehyun sighed. "So it's not impossible when something bizzare happens even in her death."

"Shut this conversation," Johnny irritatingly said. "She. is. not. dead. But she will be, if we kept on making assumptions instead of making an effort to find her."

Taeyong audibly scoffed, earning a death glare from the Super Strength. He shrugged cockily and ignored the threatening looks from his brothers. "You said to shut the conversation but you still ended your sentence regarding about that topic."

"Taeyong, please, don't speak. Your attitude is getting in my nerves." Yuta wanted to manipulate him not to answer so the bickering stops but he still knows how to respect his brothers.

It will really be offending to do it since he will basically force him to shut up.

Besides, this will be the second time he will do it to Taeyong since he did that earlier with Taeyong and Mark's version of argument.

Although Yuta seemed calm and just annoyed over some few things, he is actually hoping his thoughts would not get over him to the point where he will punch someone who dares to open another argument.