[97]

c h a p t e r - n i n e t y s e v e n

"That's mine!" Mark complained after watching you snatch the plate of cake that Taeil prepared in which you're the one who baked with your prior knowledge.

You stuck your tounge and gestured the round plate now in your property. "It's in my seat now, so it's mine now."

"It's not in your-- whaaat?" Mark buried his face in his palm. "You're using your Lee Y/N card again."

"Shhh. There's still a lot here! Just be patient and don't steal each other's foods!" Johnny yelled from the kitchen like he's taking care of kids.

"What kind of card is that?" You furrowed your brows while cutting some piece of the dessert. "The one with my name. What's that supposed to mean?"

"Probably Everything Possible Card?" Mark poked his tounge in his cheeks. "You survived a lot for something to be considered normal."

"It's an honour to be a card then. If that's what it means." You cackled, then turned to his brothers either being busy for others or for themselves. "If you could give them cards, what would each of them mean?"

"Before I have my own card with an offensive meaning behind it, just go eat this precious food Y/N made." Taeyong appeared, patting his hands in Mark's shoulder while putting his own dessert plate infront.

"It'd be better if Y/N would be the one to give us Cards Names and their meanings." Jungwoo excitedly suggested. "I bet I'd be the one with the most beautiful one."

"Excuse me?" Almost half of his brothers reacted, ready to throw a hand.

"Anyway, are the others coming?" You asked, referring to Kun and Renjun's group. "Most of them can help us cooking."

"It'll be one big feast again." Sicheng clasped his hands.

"Who knows how to cook with Renjun's team? They look like unexperienced, to be honest." Jaehyun mumbled, not even filtering his words.

"Don't underestimate them! I've been living on my own, cooking, cleaning, studying, working-- just at the age of seventeen." You made a face. "Ah, whatever. I know Jaemin can. He topped our cooking classes before."

"Bet he just bribed your teacher with his charm. And the teacher fell for it." Donghyuck stifled his laughter.

You slowly looked up to Donghyuck with a sharp stare. "Excuse me? That's a literal teacher. And how'd you even know my teacher's a girl?"

"Jaehyun hyung is not the only one to follow you. Mark and I became your classmates, remember?" Donghyuck winked.

"Uhh, by the way.. Not intending to break the sunny mood right now." Sicheng jumped in the conversation with his eyes looking at you attentively. He made sure all his attention was on you. "You're still aware, right? About.. Chenle and Jisung? About them possibly forgetting about you, about everything?"

Your mouth slowed down from chewing with the reminder of the painful reality.

It's true.

Jisung and Chenle may have got their consciousness back and is currently doing reasonably well but that isn't happy ending at all.

They are bound to forget everything.

Mr. Baek's wife, the blind lady who have been connecting to the other world, that it was appropriate to consider her as the same sort of the Guide Book, predicted it.

You can't help anything about it. Not like your hours of cries and pleads will undo that. Besides, you figured out Chenle and Jisung would be better in that situation.