[95]

c h a p t e r - n i n e t y f i v e

It broke your heart with every room you entered.

Sungchan wasn't capable of walking in his own. He'll always need a support or something to lean on. He couldn't feel his arms or his legs.

For the next person, Jeno, he said it felt like he was restrained. There was some sort of trigger in his chest that makes him fear to interact with anyone. He felt like he may slip from his real self anytime soon and it terrifies him. Like he was under control of his dark side. You are lucky he let you enter, and he just looked as traumatized as Jaemin did. It may not be seen quickly in physical, their mentally worried selves definitely showed instead.

Renjun, Jisung, and Chenle, are the worst out of everyone.

Renjun couldn't open his eyes, nor could he talk to you. He was repeatedly trembling and experience those type of seizure every few minutes. Chenle and Jisung are no longer responding. They just lay cold in their beds, heart being supported by medical equipments.

You guessed it was probably because the three of them have the most direct connection to Inha.

Finally, you got to visit Shotaro.

He was peacefully sitting in his chair, looking through his window.

You closed the door and cleared your throat. "Hi. What's up?"

Shotaro craned his neck behind and his eyes lit up instantly. "Oh, Y/N."

"How are you doing?"

"I'm feeling bad. Gets worse everyday. For some reasons, I have this feverish feeling. And.. can't use my ability." Shotaro bit his lip. "I'm afraid I lost them."

As much as how a human would feel when they lose one of their limbs, or one of their biggest property, you sympathised with Shotaro and bet he feels the same. He's an in-born Supernatural and feeling as if he lost his ability definitely equals to lifeless life.

"You must have seen the others. It's been about a total of three days since you last saw us. I'm guessing you are currently frustrated." He smiled reassuringly.

And for some magical sort, his eyes that reflects moonlight in a dimly lit place gives you reassurance and hope.

His smile is healing.

"I wish I could do something." You bit your lip and took a seat nearby. "By the way, how do you manage to act so alright? You're the most healthy looking out there."

You both laughed dryly.

"I'm experiencing a rough moment. However, the thought of reality where everything's fine now is what keeps me at ease." Shotaro pressed his lips into thin line. "You must be blaming yourself in some way. Or still feeling uneasy about what the world did to us."

You nodded once, "Yeah. Even more everytime I see each of you in a bad state."

He only grinned and let the silence win for a short moment of time. The two of you just listened at the leaves rustling and the tall grasses waving.

"Thank you." Shotaro uttered after giving you space. "You pulled me out of the pit I never thought I could get out of."

Your brows met. "Pardon?"

"It might seem like I am a hypocrite for suddenly saying this to you, but honestly, I've been wanting to slip out of the group over time, realizing it's not really worthy to revenge at you. But.. I couldn't. Inha was there and I've been having debates every night." He sighed. "Thank you for ending everything. Although.. well, let me speak the truth. I really hate you for messing up my life. But you didn't even mean to do it, so I found it useless."