[91]

! longer chapter ahead !

c h a p t e r - n i n e t y o n e

Sicheng who was holding you in a protective stance slowly became weak. And you can tell he is loosing his energy from the way his arms went loose around your waist. You had to support his lower back and grab his hand to make sure he was alright.

As the light shone a glimpse on his face, you didn't fail to see his overflowing emotions.

You quickly used empathy, lips quivering in the process.

You closed your eyes and heaved a sigh.

Their emotions are.. blank.

But not because it was empty.

But because it was very full.

Their heart was so full. Just like different colors, light and dark, when all mixed together turning into black. Or atleast into a dark 'unfamiliar' yet 'so familiar' shade.

Taeyong gulped, his hands trembling that the flame swayed on top of it. "M-Mr. Jung."

He have to be strong. For the team.

"Why are you here?" asked Taeyong, pressing his lips into thin line.

"That's them!" Sungchan, who's at the farthest position amongst everyone, yelled with courage.

Jaemin gulped on his dry throat and walked reluctantly towards the tall man. "Sungchan-ah.. I think it'd be better if we stay quiet.. It seems like they know him--"

"But I'm telling the truth now! It would prevent us from further damage! Y/N! Listen! It's them who held us!" Sungchan continued to snap, shattering the silence that sounded so wrong.

Like it was meant to be broken in the first place.

Your eyes jumped between Taeyong and Sungchan, not knowing what to do.

It has been mentioned that they will not risk telling the truth about who held them and brainwashed them. Like, never. Because that means death.

But Sungchan just did.

Because he believes he's safe now even if he will expose the truth.

And with the team altogether, you're all gonna beat up the person who brought them into the dark path.

However, how can you and the guys do that, if the person is Mr. Jung?

A loud thud made you flinch back in reality.

To your surprise, Taeyong was slammed against a wall.

He was freaking slammed. By Mr. Jung himself.

Your eyes that are full of fear stayed Taeyong. "Oh my go--"

Jungwoo threw his whole weight on you, making you collapse on the ground with him on top.

Although you were already laying flat, you didn't fail to see the lightning that passed right above your head.