[79]

c h a p t e r - s e v e n t y n i n e

He stood perfectly in your sight and his whole appearance made every system on you fail to function.

One keyword passed your mind.

Eyesmile.

And of course, it's no other than..

"J-Jeno," You almost forgot to even pronounce his name, mixed emotions devouring your existence.

You did not know how to feel.

How could he enter this nowhere dungeon? No thoughts pass by in your mind. Unless he's one of the opponest; he could be one of the opponent.

But while looking him from head to toe, you notcied how he was wearing a messy shirt with his bare foot. His hair was a mess and his body a shows tiring posture; he could be innocent.

But how could he roam around here so freely?

Then he could be one of the opponent.

But maybe.. he was a hostage. And was forced to walk through cells.

He could be innocent.

"Y/N," Yuta's weak call snapped you back in reality, your nerves once again flipping you away from your conspiracies when you remembered about how much Yuta is bruised.

You could actually imagine the other being just the same and that fuels you up again, but this time, you're quite overwhelmed and unsure of what to do because it is Jeno.

Jeno, the guy who asked for your number and bought you fish cake everytime you finish your class, for two months, but eventually gave up, is now at the place you never expected him to be.

"Y/N." Jeno's unusual tone caught you off guard as well.

It sounded so tired, and you've never heard this voice before.

"Why are you here?" You questioned, stepping back and it instantly created a burning flame on your toe which startled the two of you.

You froze discreetly. Jeno might be in any two sides but he shall not know about your ability.

But it's already late. And you can't even do anything about it. You're still not used to controlling yourself and it provoked you to use your abilities when you crossed with that thought that Jeno's one of the bad guy.

To add up the current pressing situation, an echo of locks that seemed to dropped on the floor made the two of you look with wide eyes.

Another person is nearing to come.

You anxiously looked around to hide yourself but realized you were in the middle of one-way path were only locked up cells are in both sides.

You shut your eyes and took the risk, approaching Jeno and pushing him at the wall which made his face contouring in mild pain. You held your forearm just under his chin while you other hand grips in his one hand.

He raised both of his arms as a signs of surrendering. "What did I just see?! What do you need, Y/N-"

"Answer me first why are you here." You mumbled.