[3]

c h a p t e r - t h r e e

"H-Human?" You start to wonder why would this man named Jungwoo based on what you heard, call you that.

"Jungwoo, what do you mean?" Jaehyun stood up straight, softly pulling Jungwoo away from you. You released a sigh of relief when he finally freed your wrists.

"She's a human." Jungwoo whispered. Donghyuck was about to complain just by his face when Jungwoo already cut him off. "If you don't believe me, then don't. But be sure you detect lies better than I." The empath spat, shrugging off Jaehyun's hand around his arms.

"But why can she enter this place? No, how did she know something like this exists in the first place?" Taeyong whispered, suddenly alerted.

You awkwardly watched them whisper at each other and you could tell there's a tension starting to form between them. You wouldn't risk getting involved since you still have a long way to go.

You can't help but feel extremely uncomfortable. "U-Uh.." Their heads snap at you making you quiver in fear. "I m-mean, Is there a prob--"

"How did you know about us?" Doyoung straight up asked.

You suddenly felt wronged. Thoughts clouded your head and regrets fill upon you. You regretted that you fall for a stranger's offer and now your life may be at risk. You don't even know these people's names yet they know yours.

You just hope your father is watching right now and will save you from your stupidity.

"You love zoning out while we ask questions, huh?" Taeyong growled. You shivered to see him getting impatient and the view of rainstorm behind him didn't helped.

Before another of them could be impatient when it seems like they already are, you immediately decided to answer. "I met a stranger yesterday and gave me a card. He told me he was at the park to give people some jobs-"

"A stranger?" Taeil monotonously asked. "Who would dare to give you informations about us?"

"I don't know. He just passed me a card and then I decided to go for i--" You shut your eyes again when you get interrupted.

"What does the stranger look like?" Sicheng's eyes were wide. Someone only came across his mind. He glanced at his members and hoped they get what he was trying to hint.

Yuta shook his head. "Five months ago, he's already gone." He mumbled.

You thought about it for a minute, capturing the man's features again. "His voice sounds old but his face is still young. It's really weird. He has a beard."

"A beard?" Donghyuck turned to you with his shocked expression. "Does it reach his chest?"

"Uhm, no?" You weirdly asked. You can't imagine someone has a beard until his chest in this day. It's already modern times and you don't think someone would have it. Unless you're in the fictional world you always read.

They all seemed to be in a relief.

"Then, who is that asshole?" Yuta raised his brow.

"The card. Show us the card he gave you." Taeyong demanded.

You quickly did as what was said, checking in your bag. While waiting, Johnny snuck beside Jungwoo and whispered, "Is she scared?"