[47]

c h a p t e r - f o r t y s e v e n

"How's Y/N?" Taeil asked seeing Taeyong arrived at the balcony. "And what are the other doing?"

"Everyone took time to rest." He heaves a sigh, dropping himself tiredly in the couch. "And for Y/N, she's being watched by Johnny this time."

The process started. You are currently contacting Mr. Jung through mental telepathy and by connections from the fact that both of you are Protectors and with his belongings all around you. You've been out of your own self for a few hours now that it made the guys worried sick. However, they all know it's part of the process. The only thing they can do is to stay beside you.

"So it's Johnny who's watching her. Why do you look so tired? You're not even doing anything yet you already looked tired." Taeil joked.

"Ha. Ha." The man sarcastically laughed as he closed his eyes to rest.

"Anyway-"

"Give me some rest. Don't say anything if it's not worth listening." Taeyong hushed immediately.

Taeil turned serious. His grin from his joke earlier dissipated. "This is important. I've been thinking about this while-"

"How important?"

"It's about Y/N." The supernatural owning the ability of teleportation finally said. Taeyong seemingly got distracted from his supposedly rest. He opened his eyes and raised his brow. "I just think of conclusions."

"Is there.. a problem with her?" Taeyong cautiously asked, worried yet not visible for he doesn't do false accusations that fast.

"Are you sure you want to listen about it now? It seems like you'd prefer sleeping at the moment."

"Taeil hyung," Taeyong messed his hair up as a sign of irritation. "This is obviously about Y/N. It needs to be discussed."

"Tsh. I've never seen you this attached to a girl, or a human." He mockingly scoffed.

"Says the one who teleports everywhere so he can get her attention." Taeyong backfired.

The two guys stared at each other as they make indistinct noises, both internally grumbling to themselves. Both of them are affected from what the other had said since it's a fact.

Taeyong was the first one who avoid eye contact. "Okay. Cut it. Just tell me."

"Well, I've managed to do some questions." Taeil clasped his hands, thinking deeply. "Do you ever think why everyone wants to make Y/N disappear?"

"I have no idea. Humans are cruel-"

"It's not just humans, remember. Even the Hunters wanted to make her disappear as much as possible," Taeil massaged his temples. "Do you get it?"

"I do..." Taeyong trailed off. His eyes scanned the place, finding for an answer. "...not. I do not."

Taeil facepalmed. "Keep thinking. We need to know the answer."

"I know."

The two guys flinched hearing another voice from behind. They awkwardly looked to each other until they checked who was it in sync.

"Jungwoo," Taeil stood up. "Why are you here? You're supposed to be resting as well."

"Everyone's emotions are bothering me. I'm afraid it might cause a nightmare." He grabbed a stool and joined the conversation.

"Wait.. what did you say before?" Taeyong had his full senses awaken.

"I said I know, or other words for I might have an idea." He took a deep breath.