[1]

c h a p t e r - o n e

One year ago..

"That poor sixteen year old can't live without her father."

"I pity her."

"Even the clouds are empathizing her."

You shot your eyes open, sadness was replaced with anger.

You turned around to see the three old ladies straightening their back when they saw you glaring.

"If you're just here to sympathize me, then please go home. You're no longer welcome in my father's funeral." As you finished the line, the thunder growls.

"That's disrespectful of you!" One of them blurted.

You raised your brow and smirked. "Disrespectful huh?"

"We're the one who paid a visit for your father yet you're disrespecting us!" She yelled again, much louder, causing a scene. Even the other visitors had to silence everyone.

You watched her from bottom to top. "Who's yelling?" The old lady looked at herself, embarrassment evident on her face. "Now, who's disrespectful?"

"Let's just go home!" Other one stood up, glaring at you. "Your father is a good person, unlike you."

"Unlike you too." You spat monotonously.

"I pity your father now," The third one said, standing up. "For having you as their daughter."

"I pity my father too," You turned around, everyone looking at you in disbelief. "For having you as their visitor."

With that, you sprinted away from the tent, leaving a white rose above his coffin and finally running away.

The raindrops felt colder even more after the heavy words you received. You took a spot just below the tree, not caring how your black cloth was full of dirt.

The rain poured harder while you watch the some soil patches be filled with water.

You're unsure if those that slid down your cheeks are your tears, or the raindrops. The pain turned you numb.

Your head shot up to finally see your father's coffin being pulled down from faraway. Your heart shattered, guilt and sadness combining.

"I should've been there. I should've be with you even at the last time." You sob. "I'm sorry, dad."

It was like your heart was being buried as well like his coffin being pulled down. The rain softened a bit making you hear your own sobs. You know by this time, visitors are getting back in their way home but you refused to show up.

It's either they'll make up stories you already tried explaining that they aren't true but no one believes you, or not care about your existence. You closed your eyes and rested your head on the tree behind.

There's no one who will comfort you. But you can't blame them, it was you who just spends your time with the books and your father.

You have no time for fake people, anyway.

You furrowed your brows when the surroundings suddenly turned quiet and bright. You slowly fluttered your eyes open to see the hun hitting the ground, as if a rain didn't even passed by earlier.

You smirked sarcastically and stood up, dusting yourself. "Even the weather wants to play with me."

You took your time watching from faraway before you went back home. The unstoppable sadness hugging you like a wave. You immediately get changed and decided to spend your time in the coffee shop to read a book.