[87]

c h a p t e r - e i g h t y s e v e n

Johnny removed his torn jacket and rested it on you. He pulled a stool and sat beside, his arm circling on yours reassuringly.

"Take a nap," He suggested, patting his shoulders in your side.

You only yawned, looking at him. "No thanks. I should be awake when Renjun wakes up. Or else, they might take advantage when they knew I'm asleep."

"We can handle them, just chill." Johnny scrunched his nose, ruffling your hair. "We need you when they are unstoppable, but they are tied up. No worries about that."

"Still, I am worried about it. We never know what goes in their sharp minds. They are young and strong and just smart, without doubt." You pressed your lips into thin line, admiring Johnny's reassuring figure next to you.

"Hey. I know you're our Protector and someone who created, probably, a big mistake in the past." He stated first, his fingertips comfortingly lingering on your arms. "But I don't you won't carry much of the responsibility."

You scrunched your nose. "I should. It was the real me after all."

"Johnny's right. Your memories are erased for a reason. Don't take the burden too hard, it'll burn you out. If it burns you out, you won't be able to accomplish anything at all." Yuta squeezed himself in the remaining space, making you stumble at his sudden appearance to fit in. "Oop. My bad."

"Yuta." Johnny's voice echoed, in a scolding manner.

"But what could be the reason my memories are erased? I mean, good reason. The bad ones are already a lot. It made Renjun and everyone else I left a scar angry." You looked at Yuta this time. "Is it because I can suffer again?"

"No," Yuta looked at you with a serious look.

"What? To restart my life again?" You scoffed, feeling frustrated.

"Maybe so you could learn more? So you could experience more? I don't know the answer and so do you. Then maybe that's the purpose, finding the answer. Maybe you wished for your life to restart. But you have no idea you'll regret it. Point is, there's a lot of assumptions and possibilities when things happen in our life, and that's why we are living." Yuta crossed his arms, taking his eyes off you. "We had a privilege to live and experience things. It's such a beautiful gift to learn."

"To learn." You repeated, a lighter smile forming into you this time. "And what if I repeat the same mistake?"

"Atleast you learn a different lesson." Yuta shrugged. "There's a stage of realization. We receive a lot of things, like lessons in life that we kept mentioning, we don't realize it just yet."

"Yuta's right." Johnny could only nod along, amazed at his brother's own words. "Life is playful. It is described as cruel. But like a person, if we get to know it deeper, it's actually beautiful."

Oh crap. How lucky you are to meet them.

How grateful you are to yourself for not giving up on those hard times in your human life.

"Definitely beautiful." Yuta suddenly spun to you, tilting his head and smirking. "Like your eyes."

You rolled your eyes and landed your palm in his face, pushing him away. "Alright. I get it."

"Y/N-aaaahhhh!" Taeil cheered from a distance.

Literally, with a blink, he was right infront of you since he used his ability.