Back To Reality

Thursday, March 18th (10:45 AM) (John F. Kennedy International Airport) (Olivia's Perspective)
We were in our car driving to our home in Long Island. I was busy talking to Elliot while the kids were sleeping quietly in the back. Everyone was tired from having to wake up at 3 in the morning to go to the airport.
"I called Kathy and told her to drop Eli off."
"What did she say?"
"She said sure thing." Eli and El have been spending less time together, which is concerning because he used to come over quite a lot.
"Why hasn't Eli been wanting to see you lately?" I asked.
"I'm not sure, probably regular teen stuff."
"Refusing to see your Dad for several months isn't 'regular teen stuff' Elliot. I think it's deeper than that. Maybe you guys should do a therapy session together." Elliot shook his head.
"He'll grow out of it. Besides, he's going with us to Italy."
"And what about the months in-between?"
"He's going to be 16, I can't force him to visit me all of the time."
"But you can make an effort to go over to Kathy's more." I suggested.
"Liv, I don't want to talk about this right now." Stubborn. So stubborn.
"So what's the plan?"
"We go back to work on Monday. So we'll just spend the rest of the week in Long Island. Why not?"
"Alright, but we have to get some groceries."
******************
1 Halsey Path (Garden City, Southampton, NY) (11:45 AM) (Friday, March 19th) (Bella's Perspective)
We'd gotten back from Cancun yesterday, so we all decided to take it easy for a bit.
"Bella, start the waffles for me please."
"Sure, Dad." Eli, our stepbrother was here as well which was nice for a change.
"Bella, your cooking has gotten even better lately, I feel like you're better than me sometimes." Elliot said to me.
"Well, I think it's because I'm always making something." Leia helped me make the batter and he smiled.
"I wanna be a good cook too, Daddy!"
"Well, if you listen to us you will."
"And my teachers too, in school we've been doing cooking classes. My class made chocolate cake!" I turned on the waffle maker and began making waffles.
"Where's Mom?"
"She's out on a run."
"Daddy, the sausages! Don't forget them! They're brown already." I giggled along with Leia.
"Thanks for reminding me sweet pumpkin!"
"Noah, Eli, breakfast!" Leia yelled.
"Get off your lazy bum bums!"
"Coming." I heard Eli whisper. It's been nice having Eli here, but Eli and Dad have been kind of weird. It sort of ruins the dynamic. Eli and Noah soon came upstairs and we began eating.
"Today, can we go somewhere?"
"Where?" Leia tapped her chin before eating a waffle.
"To the activity center downtown? It was so much fun when we went last time with Aunty Alex and the twins."
"Anybody else wants to go?" Elliot asked.
"No thank you, I'm going to Audrey's house and hanging out with Mom today."
"I'm going by Leon's house."
"Eli?"
"I don't want to go anywhere with you." He left the kitchen table and the atmosphere instantly changed.
^^^^^^^^^^^
Audrey's House (12:30 PM)
"Baby girl I'm thuggin, I can't be your boyfriend!" We were in Audrey's room singing one of our favorite songs.
"Wait, play some Ariana Grande too!" At the moment we were also waiting for our other friend, Sofina to come. We were planning on going to the mall and then to lunch for a bit before coming back home. I promised Mom I'd be back before dinner time.
"Ugh, I wish we could drive!" Audrey stated while sitting down on her bed.
"I know! We always have to have our parents pick us up, drop us off, and wait on us. It cramps our style."
"Promise me you'll get a driver's license when you're 16."
"Promise." We pinky swore.
"Audrey, remember when we were talking about going to K-Con?"
"Yeah? Why?"
"I'm wondering if we should go next year or so."
"That would be awesome! I'd love to go this year but we go on vacation around the same time. Bella?"
"Mhm?"
"We haven't hung out with Connor in ages! I feel like the last time we hung out with him was years ago." Connor is my neighbor as well, he lives down the road from us.
"I know! I text him every once in a while but the convos are always so dry. Apparently, he's dating some girl at his school. I guess that's why he isn't talking to us like that anymore."
"What a shame."
"Audrey, Bella, Sofi is here!"
******************
Tate's Bake Shop (1:16 PM) (Elliot's Perspective)
"You're happy to have Mommy and Daddy all to yourself, aren't you?" Leia giggled.
"A little bit."
"Only a little bit?"
"Yeah! Because I wanted my sister to come." I love how close they are.
"Leia, we had so much fun at the Color Factory, where should we go next?"
"The Activity Center! Please?! We can play games and go indoor zip-lining!"
"Lei, that's an activity that should be done with the whole family." She sighed.
"Well, then I don't know what else to do!"
"What about going to Jump Land?" She smiled.
"I love Jump Land!" Leia then told us about school and her friends.
"Do you have a lot of friends?"
"Yeah, I talk to everyone, they're all my buddies. Plus, I have ballet class with Piper and Danelle, so we're buddies too."
"Makes sense. Lei, can you tell Mom and me about what you were talking about yesterday?"
"My wishes?"
"Yes." Liv looked at me in confusion. 'Just listen', I mouthed to her.
"I wish that all of us could go on a road trip!"
"Road trip?"
"Yep! Like, we can get an RV and drive around! Just like Greg Heffley in Diary of a Wimpy Kid."
"That sounds like a fun idea."
"Yeah, and Aunty Alex, Aunty Amanda, and Uncle Fin can come too! We'll have a lot of fun. Can we Mommy and Daddy?"
"We'll think about it." We continued to talk to Leia about numerous things before leaving the cafe to do one more thing before picking up Bella.
"This was a fun day!" She said while motioning for me to hold her.
"I agree, baby girl."
*****************
Bridgehampton Commons Mall (3:15 PM) (The Parking Lot) (Olivia's Perspective)
Bella walked up to the car and came inside.
"My goodness, all of those bags. You had fun today, didn't you?"
"Yes! We went to all of our favorite stores because they're having sales, then we got our palms read, listened to some albums in the music store, and got temporary tattoos before getting some lunch."
"You guys were certainly busy bees!"
"Let me see it! What is it?"
"It's just a butterfly." Bella said while rolling up her sleeve.
"Woah! It looks awesome, sister!"
"Thanks, Lei. Where are the boys?"
"At home being lazy. I'm going to take them out for a spin, they've just been playing video games all day." Elliot said while pulling out.
"Where are you guys going?"
"I don't know yet. Just somewhere that doesn't involve a screen."
"Mommy, when we get home, can I make crafts?"
"Yes, I'll find one for you to do online, okay?"
"Kay!" I wonder if Elliot can repair things with Eli when they hangout today.
^^^^^^^^
Our Family Room
I was in our family room at the moment, cuddling my eldest daughter as we talked about life. My youngest daughter was across from us, drawing portraits of everyone in the family.
"Are you excited for these next couple of weeks?"
"Kind of, I just hope everything goes smoothly."
"I think you'll be just okay. We're all here to help. I can't believe you're going to be a freshman."
"Neither can I. Mom, we're still having our girls' trip, right?"
"As far as I'm concerned, yes."
"That's awesome. Mom, you said I have to go to the doctor soon, right?"
"Yes, why? Is something wrong?" She shook her head. I'm not trusting that.
"Bella, are you sure?"
"I'm positive, Mom. I just wanted to know."
"Just making sure."
"Mommy, I'm almost done with my portrait."
"Awesome, go check and see if your other craft is dry."
"Okay!" Bella refocused her eyes on the tv, paying close attention to what was going on.
"Is this your favorite show too?"
"No. I just think it's pretty cool. Daphne is such an awesome character. Like, she's made so much development. You wouldn't understand."
"I wouldn't understand?!!"
"Yes, you wouldn't." I felt my phone vibrate and scrambled to pick it up.
"Who is it? Is it about work?"
"No, it's Alex baby."
"Aunty Alex?" Leia said while walking back into the room.
"Yup! Come and say hi." I answered the FaceTime call.
"Hey, guys!"
"Hi, Alex!" The girls said happily.
"How was Cancun?"
"It was amazing! So magical and dreamy."
"And we swam with dolphins Aunty Alex!"
"That sounds amazing baby girl! How was your anniversary?"
"The best, I couldn't have asked for better."
"I'm glad you guys had a great time."
"Gabby, Gabe, come here! I'm on the phone with Aunty Livy."
"I wanna see Bella and Leia!" Gabby said.
"They're right here sweetheart. Aww, you guys have gotten so big! Did you guys have a great spring break?"
"Yeah!" The twins said in unison!
"And, we hung out with Mommy and-"
"And who?" I asked. Bella eyed me suspiciously.
"I've been seeing someone, Garrett. He's amazing, he's so kind and so great with the kids."
"That's amazing, Alex! But why am I just now hearing about this?!"
"I wanted to see if it would last. I want you guys to meet him the next time I come to New York."
"When will that be?" Leia asked.
"In a couple of months, Lei."
"Well, can't wait to see you then! You owe me boba!"
"Yes, I do! You'll get your boba, Bella!"
"Girls, can you give Alex and me the room for a moment? I'll call you back down as soon as we're done."
"Sure! See you, Aunty Alex." When the girls were upstairs and inside of a room I began to speak.
"Maybe you guys should come in July, Elliot and I are planning something before we go to Italy."
"Should I ask my kids to leave the room too?" Alex asked with a smile.
"I think you should."

To be continued~