Parties & Pop Quizzes

Saturday, Jan. 23 (12:15 PM) (Manhattan) (Olivia's Perspective)
"Bye, Mommy! I'll see you tomorrow! I'm going to have a lot of fun, okay? The best time of my life."
"You do that baby girl! Have the best time ever."
"I will, Mommy! Now go, you have to go and relax at home with the doggies!" I laughed at my daughter's urgency.
"Sarah, thank you so much. Bye guys, Love you, Lei!" I left their house with a smile. She's all grown up, isn't she? She tried to shoo me away so quickly.
"Baby Lei isn't a baby anymore. She's growing up too quickly." I had to rush back home to take Noah to a doctor's appointment. Not my ideal Saturday, but I got to spend time with my son, who I adore. Noah has to get shots, which he hates, but I promised that we could go check out some video games after if he'd stay calm. Weird that I'm bribing a 14-year-old to get shots, but it works. I wish he was this way about doing his homework as well, though. Bella also had a doctor's appointment, but it wasn't for a couple more weeks. At the moment she was at home, although later she was going to Kelsie's birthday party. She's a sweet girl, and they seem to get along pretty well. They've been friends since 6th. She's been to a few sleepovers and such.
"Noah, no time for dilly-dallying!"
"I'm coming!" He put his phone into his pocket and climbed into the car.
"Also, Bella asked if you could pick her up some Oreos, she wants them for something."
"Is she baking?"
"I don't know, you know how Bella is with her secrecy sometimes." I nodded. Hm.
********************
Kelsie's Birthday Party (8:45 PM) (Dylan's Candy Bar) (1011 3rd Ave)
Since I was was a little girl I've always loved Dylan's Candy Bar. So Kelsie deciding to have her 14th birthday on the top floor of the store was just amazing to me. We were just dancing and hanging out and now we were sitting at the table talking.
"Kelsie, this party is epic."
"I know. Don't gotta tell me boo." I was going to her house after the party, not for a sleepover or anything because she wasn't having one, but just to hang out before my Mom picked me up.
"You know, some of the boys are here," she pointed out,
"Really?" I asked.
"Yeah, maybe you should go talk to Jake." I rolled my eyes. I almost made a snarky remark about Hannah and Knox, but she still wanted it to be a secret and I'd never do that to her. The vibe of this entire party was epic, you know. There were chocolate fountains, arrays of candies, games involving candies, it's basically Baby Bella's dream party. I sipped my milkshake.
"Nothing to say?"
"No, you're just being stupid," I replied.
"And actually, I'm going to get another milkshake, so I hope you guys have fun...talking about whatever the hell you guys talk about...Did I mention that you guys are weirdos?"
"Whatever makes you feel better, Bella," Elle said while laughing.
"I hate you guys!" I said playfully. I walked around looking for something to occupy myself with so I didn't have to think and wonder bout what my friends were saying about my boy troubles. I got another milkshake and sat at the bar to enjoy it. It was a fudge brownie milkshake and it tasted heavenly.
"Hey, Bella!" I looked to the left of me to see Jake. Why does this always happen to me? First, it happened on New Years', now yet again at this party. Awkward.
"Hey, Jake." I said quietly.
"You know, I was looking for you!" He said loudly, the music was being cranked up, which didn't make this any less awkward.
"Really?!! I didn't know! I didn't even know you were here!" I shouted back.
"Well, you never told me you were coming!"
"That's true!"
"Where are the rust of the girls?!"
"Back at Kelsie's table being weirdos!" He laughed.
"Well, I'm glad you decided to not be a weirdo! Do you want to play some games?! I know you love the s'mores candy bars!" I smiled. He does listen to me when I ramble.
"I'd love to!"
^^^^^^^^
(Kelsie's House)
"Tonight was so much fun!" I said happily. We looked at the pictures I took with my super cute Instax camera.
"I love this one in front of the 14th birthday balloons! I have to post this one."
"Of course! We should all post it." Besides my friends being super weird and hanging out with Jake, I did have an awesome time, I got to spend more time with Kelsie and Penelope, who I don't see often, but love dearly.
"Talk about cute, we're all practically matching!" Penelope told me.
"Of course, you're the one who made their hair blue just for today."
"Look, I'm just trying to be adventurous."
"You certainly are, you know if you come to school like that on Monday you'll be going on an adventure to the Dean's office for inappropriate hair." I pointed out.
"Okay, true-" Hannah and Alexis laughed.
"I'll wash it out tomorrow."
"You better," Hannah said. I love that all my friends and I have the same sense of humor, it really makes things 10 times better!
****************
The Upper East Side (10:30 PM) (Olivia's Perspective)
"Good Night!" We told the Johnson's before I pulled out.
"How was the party?" I asked Bella. She tilted her head and thought for a moment.
"Hmm...super fun, and interesting."
"That's very interesting."
"The best and most fun part was dancing with everyone and making Tik Toks and taking pictures."
"I know you love a good tik tok." She laughed.
"What was the most interesting part?" I asked. She blushed.
"Never mind." I smiled. Probably has something to do with Jake.
"Alright, Bell. Your face is as red as a tomato. I'll let you have it."
"Stop it, Mom." She said playfully.
"I'm just glad you're having fun baby. Going to parties and hanging out with your friends, making new friends! You know, I can't wait for you to go to high school, I think you'll love it."
"I think I will! Did you love high school?" She asked inquisitively.
"High school was...interesting."
"Why was it interesting, Mama?"
"Well, I was growing up and going through puberty, a lot of stuff was going on."
"Did you have any boyfriends?"
"I did. I did." She giggled.
"Mom, I realized you haven't told me that much about your childhood, or my grandpa and grandma."
"That is true." Bella tilted her head.
"But I tell you everything, why don't I get to know about that too?"
***************
Sunday, January 24th (Kamri's House) (Leia's Perspective)
I was at my friend's house today because we had a sleepover! I was happy I got to go because it's so boring at home, Bella's at pointe classes and Noah's just playing video games all day.
"Leia, where are you?!" Bailey and I giggled. Courtney would never find us! We were hiding in her bathroom, but she didn't notice.
"We've been in here for ten minutes. Do you even think she'll find us?"
"No, but let's just wait 1 more minute. Then we could go out and scare her!"
"Boo! Found you!" She laughed.
"I knew you were in here, but I just pretended not to! Who's the seeker now?"
"How about Bailey? She didn't go yet, Kam!"
"Yeah, Bailey should go!" We ran downstairs to the living room as she counted.
"Where are we gonna hide?" She asked me.
"I don't know, this is your house, you should know all of the hiding places!" I said.
"I have an idea."
"Where?"
"The playroom! We have the toy bin in there. She'll never check there!" We giggled. She held my hand and we ran down the hallway. But, very quietly.
"I can't wait to find you guys!"
****************
English Class (Monday) (9:20 AM) (The Trinity School) (Bella's Perspective)
"Okay, Pop Quiz!" We all groaned. Fletcher is soo annoying with his pop quizzes. I looked over to Hannah and Elle who were my desk mates. We've been reading A Midsummer's Night Dream it's a tad bit boring, which means I don't fully know the story, which should make the pop quiz even more fun.
"10 minutes!" He handed out the papers and I sighed. I looked over at Elle.
"You better let me cheat off of you," I whispered.
"No way!" She laughed quietly before moving her sheet into a position that was easily visible to Hannah and me.
"Thanks, gurl." 10 questions. 1 minute per question. How fun.
"Quiz starts now!" First question, What was the role of women in Athenian society according to Egeus and Theseus? Easy. To obey their husbands and fathers. Gross. The questions weren't that hard, but rather doing the test itself was boring.
"Mr.Fletcher?"
"Yes, Dustin. Why are we doing this?!" I continued circling answers.
"Because some people were snoozing while we were reading the play, hopefully, this will help you stay awake in the future."
"But this play is so boring." Janelle said.
"Yeah, and on top of that some of the characters are weird and don't advocate for women's rights, I'm not here for it," Zoe said.
"Yikes, nobody is having it today," Hannah whispered.
"I'm not surprised, we've been doing this for weeks now, everyone's tired of it. I just didn't think they'd take it out on him." I turned around to look at Jake who was trying not to laugh.
"Well, would you look at that? Your 10 minutes are up. For the people who decided to waste their time arguing with me instead of doing your test, you better hope for the best when I grade it."
"These idiots."
"Class is dismissed." We turned in our papers and walked down the hallway,
"I gotta run to science, apparently we're doing an experiment today! Catch you guys later!"
"Bye, Elle!" Jake and Preston caught up with us, we all have math together.
"Bro, that basketball game this weekend was fire. Secured that win."
"Who scored the most?"
"Me, of course!" Ethan said while using me as an armrest, again.
"Stop acting like I'm so short before I show you short!"
"So you're short!"
"No, I'm not! You know what, I'm going to the doctor soon. I'll tell you what they say."
"Bet."
"Someone's feisty," Evan said.
"Shut the hell up, you know what, keep going, Bella has a mean punch though." I couldn't stop laughing. I only managed to stop when I got to the front door of my math class.