Let's Prep

Tuesday, October 30th (Performing Arts Class) (Bella's Perspective)
It was towards the end of the day on October 30th. The day before Halloween. This is a big night for my friends and family, as we all have a lot of fun prepping for the next day.
"Bella, focus." Ms. Nielsen said. I had a hard time focusing. I was thinking about tomorrow, and Axel's party from last week that was so awesome, he really had such a cool birthday party.
"Bella?" I began playing the violin again and she walked away quietly.
"Bella?" Axel whispered.
"Yeah?"
"Are you okay?" I smiled and nodded.
"I'm fine. I'm fine."
"Bella Benson, please stay after class." Damn it, Axel.
"We'll wait for you," Hannah said while she, Jessica, Jake, and Kylie left along with the rest of our class. Aww, man. I walked over to my teacher's desk and she told me to sit.
"Are you okay? You seem very out of it, today."
"I'm okay, just had a lot on my mind."
"I'll believe you, you can go. Next time, I will contact your Mother young lady."
"Yes, Ms. Nielsen." I speed walked to the locker room and quickly changed out of my uniform and into the gym uniform.
"Are you okay, Bella? Do you wanna talk about something?"
"Oh no, I'm fine! Just got a bit distracted! Ugh, I'm so happy the day is finally over!" My girlfriends and I walked down to the gym together and we began our warm-up for the day. We were playing dodgeball.
"You guys can sit out if you want to. Personal choice. No judgment. You'll still get full credit." Mr. Rancic declared.
"We're totally sitting out. Those boys play dirty as hell."
********
The Precinct (Olivia's Perspective)
"Hey, Mom!" Noah and Bella walked towards me and gave me a hug.
"How was school?"
"Tiring."
"Okay."
"You guys are tired and done with the school year already?!" I asked.
"Well kinda. It's stressful. We've already gone on so many high school tours and we have to worry about applications and such. Plus there's that push to stay in Trinity. I'm not sure about certain things, Mom."
"Are you worried about making a choice?"
"Yeah. I just want to make the right choice."
"You have to follow your gut," Noah said supportively to his younger sister.
"I don't think my gut knows what it wants. I've talked about this at therapy. It was actually really stressful for me earlier on." Bella's emotional growth these past few years is outstanding.
"Well, then if your gut doesn't know, you have months to think about the pros and the cons, see which outweighs the other, and you and Dad and I can work everything out together. You don't have to feel alone, and you certainly shouldn't be stressed out about that either. You're an intelligent human being with so many opportunities, no reason to stress."
"Fair points." Bella drank some of my coffee.
"This is so gross. How do you people drink this?!" Noah laughed.
"Who told you to drink her coffee?!" The kids went off to the bunks and I just laughed to myself in my office. My kids are just hilarious.
"Liv, we need you."
"I have a theory. Just hear me out." Kat said.
"I'm all ears."
************
Bedtime (Leia's Perspective)
"Lucy?"
"Yes?"
"Where's Mama and Daddy?"
"At work."
"I miss them doing PDA at the dinner table even when it's icky." Lucy laughed and gave me a kiss.
"I know you do. They'll be home soon. How was school today?"
"Awesome! We did a science experiment with vinegar and baking soda. So what we did was we made a tube that would look like a volcano, and then we put a cup with vinegar and food coloring under it! When we were ready we put our glasses on and sprinkled the baking soda in and it erupted!"
"Sounds like you had an amazing time in science."
"Yeah! I did! Lucy?"
"Yes?"
"Am I pretty?"
"You are super pretty. Why do you ask?"
"Because someone in my class said that pretty people have blonde hair. Not brown hair."
"What they said wasn't true, trust me. Being pretty has nothing to do with the color of your hair or skin."
"What does it mean then?"
"Being pretty Leia is to have a nice personality. Helping your friends. Standing up when something is wrong, and being respectful is to be pretty. In my opinion. You can be pretty both inside and out. You're pretty regardless of the color of your skin or hair."
"I believe you." Lucy gave me a hug and I went under the covers.
"You have a big day tomorrow."
"I'm going to be Tiana!"
"That's right baby girl! A princess!"
"I'm so excited Lucy! I'm not sure I can sleep."
"Well, the day will only come faster if you go to sleep Leia."
"Read me a story, maybe then I'll feel sleepy!"
************
My Room (Noah's Perspective)
Tomorrow was going to be amazing! Morgan and I were gonna dress up for tomorrow. She wanted me to be a basketball player, and her a cheerleader. (No surprise.) School was going to be great because of the Halloween sale during the day that I'd be operating. Then after school, my friends and I were gonna do something cool.
"I can't wait for Fright Fest, tomorrow bro." Ace said.
"Me too," Kole said.
"It isn't scary, but it's entertaining as hell."
"Says the guys who got freaked out last time."
"Let me clarify, that was for entertainment."
"Let's go with that. Kole, what are you being for Halloween?"
"Man I don't know, I'll just come in as a zombie tomorrow, I don't know what else to do, to be honest."
"Dude, you can do way better than that mess." I laughed and finished my math homework.
"Yo someone here swing the geometry answers."
"Idiot, I'm not even in geometry."
"Who the hell told you not to take algebra in 8th grade, like come on now," Vicky said.
"Noah, we see you doing that geo."
"Bro, I'll swing when I'm done."
-Morgan wants to FaceTime-
"I'll call you guys back, Morgan wants to talk about something."
************
10:00 PM (My Bed) (Bella's Perspective)
I've been on the phone with Jake for several hours. I'm surprised I haven't hung up yet or anything, I've never been on the phone with someone for so long.
"I can't wait to trick or treat with you guys tomorrow and stuff."
"Me too. My outfit is ready! I'm so ready to be Courtney."
"Being Courtney suits you honestly." I chuckled.
"How?"
"She's able to take charge and stuff like that. And she's constantly getting in some argument with Duncan."
"We don't argue argue."
"But we do argue about dumb things." He clarified.
"Well, I guess that's true."
"But, I like that about you, it's pretty cute." He admitted. Sometimes it's weird having these convos knowing we both like each other.
"Aww, that's nice of you to say. I honestly can not wait to hang out with everyone. It's been a while, we all have really weird schedules and stuff like that. Some of us are doing school sports and stuff like that." I went under the covers. I was tired from gymnastics and physical education. Which is weird, I never usually get so tired.
"It'd be so cool to finally hang out like we used to after school. Bella, are you awake?"
"I'm awake. Just resting my eyes."
"I'm supposed to fall for that?"
"I promise you, I'm not sleeping. Just keep talking. I'm listening, I promise."
"Alright. So today in math class, we were just chilling, and all of a sudden you hear Jonathan's phone go off. That fucking loser."
"Aren't you guys friends?!! Why are you flaming him right now?!"
"That's beside the point. Anyways, dude's phone goes off and you know how Gupta is about phones."
"Yeah?"
"Dude actually runs away with the phone instead of giving it to her, that weirdo. He's going to get suspended if he doesn't chill out."
"But that's what I love about Jon, he doesn't care and he's so nonchalant. A cool guy to hang out with."
"But also an idiot. Gosh, I just don't want him to get in trouble but Jon is Jon. What happened, today?"
"Nothing really." I'm tired.
"Bella? You're asleep, aren't you? Ah well. You look pretty when you're sleeping." He whispered. Woahhhhhh.
"I know you had a long day today. Night. Sleep well." He hung up. He just called me pretty. My heart! But then I stopped smiling. Wait..what if this isn't what I want? What if Jake wants to do things? I began to cry loudly. I really am messed up. I can't even have a convo with a boy and have him comment on me without me thinking about my assault and feeling dirty. I need to take a shower.
"Bella, what's going on?!" Mom burst into my room and sat down.
"Talk to me baby, I'm here."
"I need to shower, Mom. I feel gross."
"Why?" I don't wanna tell her.
"Bella, I'm so sorry honey. How can I help you?"
"By running the bathwater," I said quietly.
"I thought you took a shower earlier though babe. Bella.. is this because-"
"No, I just need a bath."
"Bella, don't lie to me. Your eyes are red and watery. Talk to me. What's wrong?"