Good Intentions, Bad Intentions

West 89th Street (Bella's Perspective)
Well, I have some explaining to do. You may be wondering what the hell I'm doing on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, opposite of where I live. Georgie invited me over so we could talk. I'm surprised Mom let me go even after I hinted that I didn't want to. I think Mom wants to torture me. I walked into her apartment building quietly and went to the 12th floor. I walked to penthouse 12A and rang the doorbell.
"Bella! Come on in!" I had already met Georgie's parents before so this wasn't awkward. I bade her mother a good afternoon and she insisted we eat the cinnamon rolls she just finished making.
"These are really good Mrs. Laurent."
"Aww thanks, I just took up baking again as a pastime. Shall I set aside a few for you to take home?"
"Yes please."
"How is your mother Bella?"
"She's doing just amazing. I think getting married made her a lot happier."
"Mom, Bella and I are gonna go upstairs now."
"Alright. Have fun!" We went upstairs and made a left.

 Have fun!" We went upstairs and made a left

"Your room is very pretty."
"Thanks, but it's not done yet, decoration wise." Georgie just moved, so that was fair to say.
"You said you wanted to talk about something?"
"Yeah. You can sit on my bed, Bella." In a sense, I was nervous. What could she possibly want to discuss with me?
"I was wondering if we could start over again. I know things ended kind of badly with the whole Pax and I dating thing, but I've had time to think."
"A lot of time-"
"And, I realized it was stupid. Can you forgive me?"
"Of course. Just, next time. Be honest with us. That's just all we want."
"Alright, I'll strive to be more honest." Let's see where this goes.
******************
Fourth Of July (Olivia's Perspective)
"Mommy?"
"Yes, pumpkin?"
"Can I ask my friend if she can come over?"
"You can, but have Bella go with you."
"And Mommy?"
"Yes?"
"Sleepover too?"
"Not today, sweetheart. Go quickly, I'm about to start letting people go in the pool." My youngest daughter ran off with her older sister and I smiled.
"Eli!" I gave him a hug.
"My goodness, stop growing."
"I'll work on that. Where's Noah, Bellz, and Lei?"
"Noah is playing video games, Bella went with Lei to get a friend."
"Cool. Can't wait to catch up. By the way, Mom wants to speak to you. She's in the driveway."
"Alright, thanks sweetheart." I made Elliot aware and we made our way to the front of the house.
"Daddy!"
"Hey sugarplum."
"I brought Jade over to play."
"That's great. Can you give me a second, o have to help Mommy."
"Sure! Jade, we can go to my room and play!" Bella stood next to me and gave me a hug.
"Kathy, how are you?"
"I'm doing fine. Is this Bella?"
"Yes." Bella greeted her warmly and went to go talk to Axel.
"Beautiful kids. Elliot."
"Kathy."
"Thanks for bringing Eli over, the kids missed him."
"You don't have to. I've come to a conclusion. I'm tired of fighting. It isn't fair that I harbor resentment over something like that. Liv, you were telling the truth and I know you guys only started dating after the divorce. But, it was hard for me."
"It's okay. I forgive you. I think we all need to just come to some sort of an agreement, for Eli's sake."
"He's been wanting to spend more time here recently. He misses El, and his step-siblings. Thanks for treating him so well Olivia."
"You don't have to thank me." We continued to talk and after Kathy left I went back to tend the party. Everyone was having the time of their lives.
"Mom?" Noah smiled and walked over to me.
"What's up, babe?"
"Best. Party. Ever." He jumped into the pool and I laughed.
"Hannah, wait!" Bella tan to her friends and gave her a hug.
"You're so adorable when you're shy! Hand me the phone!" My kids were happy and having fun with their friends. And, it makes me so happy to witness that.
"Mom! Look at me!" I looked down at my 5 year old and she folded her arms.
"Yes, boo boo?"
"I want you to do the thing you always do." She asked sweetly.
"What thing?"
"When you wrap me in the towel and cuddle me. I'm cold Mom." I picked her up and her her for a few minutes.
"You like that, don't you?" She nodded and I gave her a kiss.
"It's because it shows that you love me."
"That's good. I want you to know that I love you very, very much. Are you ready to change for the evening sweetheart?"
"Yeah. I don't think I wanna swim anymore Mom."
*****************
Private Practicing (Bella's Perspective)
I was practicing one of my old solos that I'd have to perform eventually. It was to be performed at a competition in Pennsylvania, I really wanted to win. I haven't won in a while. I've been slacking.
"Bella." I turned around to see my mother.
"Bella." I continued to dance and she looked at me impatiently.
"You've been here for hours. You need to go home and eat dinner now."
"Mom, you're embarrassing me." She held my hand softly, yet firmly at the same time and told me to get ready to leave. As I gathered my things she stood behind me, and began to talk to me.
"Bella, this obsession with dance lately is getting out of control. Lucy and Elliot have been telling me that you haven't been eating properly. Is something bothering you?"
"No."
"Bella, I've been through this with you many times before. You tend to distract yourself and get obsessive when something's hurting you."
"Mom, I'm fine. The therapy is working you know." I said calmly. I was staring the truth. I've been feeling better than I've ever felt in these past 7 years of therapy.
"So then why are you overworking yourself like this?"
"I just really wanna do good at the next competition I go to Mama."
"Which isn't till September."
"Mama."
"Well, I get that you wanna do well, but at what cost? You can't be eating these small portions Bella. You're becoming a young lady and that isn't sufficient enough for your growing body."
"I hear you."
"Do you?"
"Yes."
"Then show it."
"I'm sorry I worried you. I just, made a promise and I really wanna keep it."
"Promise. What promise?" I shook my head as we walked home.
"Never mind. I should've never said anything."
"Okay. Is it sort of a bet?"
"No. Just a promise."
"Well, don't scare me like that ever again. We've been doing really good lately and I'm super proud of you."
"Really?"
"Babe, you make me so proud."
"Wow, never knew I needed to hear that." I said as I took off my shoes and walked into the kitchen.
"Hi Lucy."
"Hey, did your practicing go well?"
"It was alright, I guess. I could do much better."
"Lucy, please serve Bella. I want her to actually eat."
"Mom!"
"I'm agreeing with Liv on this one, you need to eat. You probably burned off so much calories today."
"What's even for dinner?"
"Brown rice, herb grilled chicken, broccoli and brussel sprouts, and mashed potatoes."
"Sounds good. I'll eat it."
"Thank you so much Lucy!"
"Mom, where are you going?"
"To meet with Carisi. I'll be back in an hour.
Love you!" I rolled my eyes silently and Lucy grinned.
"She needs to stay inside for like once in her life."
"Your Mom's a busy woman."
"Too busy. This is horrible to say but when the whole thing happened a while back and she got to take time off I was kind of happy. Not because of the circumstances that caused it, but because she was home. Mom was home and everything just felt at ease. Not to discredit you or anything Lucy, you're amazing."
"It's okay, I get it. She works so often, having her home just makes everything different."
"Yeah." She handed me my plate and I told her about my day at the studio.
"Sounds like a good day."
"It was. Can I have more chicken please?"