Nice To Meet You

November 23rd (Bella's Perspective)
I was changing out of my dance clothes and getting ready to walk home.
"Bella, wanna grab some Starbucks on the way home?" Hilary asked.
"Totally. If I have money."
"It's on me. I'll use my card."
"Oh, thanks!" Hilary and I have become closer, we go to the same school and stuff, so there's actually things to talk about.
"So, hows everything?"
"Hm, okay honestly."
"How did you do on the math test?"
"I got a 90. Pretty cool."
"Me too, I thought I failed hard!" We both laughed at each other and I continued sipping my water. That hip hop class wore me out. Literally.
"Bella do you know what you're doing for thanksgiving?"
"I don't actually. Gotta ask Mom and Elliot."
"Elliot?"
"My Mom's fiancé."
"Ohh! That's amazing! Is he nice?"
"Very, he's like the father I've never had. I told you how Mom dated Tucker and stuff but I never thought of him as Dad material. But Elliot is. He's really nice to me."
"I'm really happy for you guys. Did they plan the wedding?"
"Planning it now. We're going to Hawaii. Our Mom's are good friends you're obviously getting an invite."
"You know who else is coming?"
"Probably Jana and Kayla and some other people. They're trying not to invite too many people." We laughed and sipped our drinks at the same time.
"Your Mom has so many friends that's gonna be a hard thing to do."
"I know, she's trying her hardest. She's really happy! Elliot brings out this side of her, that I never saw before. He makes her very happy."
**************
Family Meeting (Olivia's Perspective)
The kids were all in the living room wondering why we called them there.
"I know this might not be ideal first thing in the morning but Elliot and I want to talk to you about it so we can hear your thoughts."
"About what?"
"Thanksgiving."
"We decided that this Thanksgiving will be celebrated with Elliot's kids. You guys can get to know each other a bit more."
"So that it wouldn't be awkward at the wedding?" Bella asked.
"Precisely."
"Well, it doesn't sound too bad. Will Eli be there?"
"I'm not sure yet."
"I get to play with the kids?"
"Yes, you do Leia boo." I gave her a soft peck and she held her stuffed animal "Lammie" close to her heart.
"But where are we celebrating it?"
"Queens. And, we'll even get to have a nice soccer game after our feast."
"That sounds pretty cool."
"So you guys are okay with that arrangement."
"Yeah, I don't really care."
"Same." Leia itched her arm and then nodded silently.
"Alright then. Thanks, guys." The older kids left and Leia started to cry.
"What's wrong honey?"
"Hold me. The bad thought."
"You're safe Leia. You know that?"
"Yeah, but it makes me really sad."
"And that's okay, there's nothing wrong with that." Elliot and I comforted Leia as best as we could but, she still was upset.
"I'm going to my room."
"Okay, sweetheart."
"But I will come out for breakfast only." She sounded just adorable and I wanted to laugh, but I knew better than to do just that. I hate to see my baby in pain, but if I give her the space she needs to cool off and think, it will help her.
**************
In The Car (Bella's Perspective)
"Bella, is something wrong?" I slammed the car door and went into the back.
"Bella, talk to me."
"Elliot, I don't want to. I really don't." We were on our way to the grocery store to pick up some things and then drive to Queens, my school day was crappy. I just wanted to cry and write in my diary. It was just us in the car. (We were going to get Leia and Noah later.)
"Bell, we could always talk later if that's what makes you comfortable."
"I've never liked talking."
"Why?"
"Because I don't."
"Well, there has to be a reason. Let's say you didn't like fish. Why wouldn't you like fish?"
"Because it smells terrible and it tastes like the ocean," I answered.
"See, you dislike fish for a reason. Nobody just dislikes things without a reason. Sometimes, it's because we've been hurt. Sometimes, it's because of something else." He parked the car and got his keys.
"I don't want to go inside."
"Then use this time to think of a reason then." He locked the car and I watched as he got Leia and came back. Not sure why he used this as reflection time. It was less than a minute.
"I want to go home," I said.
"Bella, I made you a picture!"
"Thanks, Lei."
"Elliot, I drew Bella. It's really pretty don't you think?"
"Very pretty sweetheart." I just want to be alone.
*******
2 Hours Later
I had to stay at the dinner table until I ate something. I didn't feel hungry though.
"Mommy, my tooth is still wiggling! I wish it would come out already!"
"Don't rush it, Lei, let it come out on its own sweetheart." I picked at the rice and didn't eat it. It was super cold by now, and everyone was gone but Mom and Leia. That's only because Leia was still hungry and eating.
"Bella, why are you making that sad face?"
"I'm not Leia."
"Yeah, you're sad." She gave me a hug and I gave her a kiss.
"Thanks for caring bud. I'm okay. I promise." She wiggled her tooth again and then ran upstairs. It was just Mom and I. Me and Mom. Daughter and Mother.
"You, not eating your Chinese. That's a surprise."
"I guess so."
"Elliot told me that you were really angry when he picked you up from gym. You slammed the car door and everything."
"Yeah."
"And, that you refused to eat."
"He said I couldn't leave until I ate."
"I don't disagree with him." She said honestly. She and Elliot are doing this thing where they're not giving in or whatever. I don't care. I wasn't begging her for my sympathy.
"The foods cold and I can't even eat it now."
"Would you like me to warm it up?"
"That'd be nice. But, no thank you."
"Honey, would you like to talk to me about what's bothering you?"
"No. No, thanks."
***********
Thanksgiving Morning (Elliot's Perspective)
"Kids come downstairs please!" Noah, Bella, and Leia came down the steps and got excited as they saw Fin in the doorway. Well, two of them at least.
"I'm going to go, help Mom," Bella whispered. She swiftly turned the corner and I sighed quietly.
"Tough times."
"Definitely. She's never been this sassy with me, and I heard she adores you. I'm sorry."
"I'll talk to her, don't fuss. When are the kids coming."
"They said they'd be here for 12! I'm excited! I get to see my kids all together for the first time in a while."
"I brought chicken wings, we need something good at this thanksgiving meal." I rolled my eyes and Leia sat in Fin's lap quietly.
"Uncle Fin?"
"Mhm?"
"At school, my friend gave me a ring. Look."
"That's beautiful. Reagan gave it to you?"
"No, Teddy did. He's nice."
"He?"
"Yeah! He's nice."
"Hey, remember what we talked about."
"No boys until I'm 100 years old!"
"Mom, I don't want to do it!"
"What's going on?"
"I don't know. She's upset because of something."
"I don't want to talk about it! I don't want to think of it or talk about it, or even be at this stupid thanksgiving lunch."
"Bella, cut it out."
"You don't tell me what to do."
"Bella, go to your room right now! I'm not going to deal with this attitude for another minute. Go now."
"Don't touch me. I can get there on my own without you breathing down my neck."
*******
Queens, New York (Fin's Perspective)
I opened the bedroom door and sat next to Bella. She wasn't crying. Her face was emotionless, and she had no remorse.
"Bella, I know damn well Olivia didn't raise a brat. And I know damn well you did not just speak to Elliot like that."
"I did, and what?"
"Ima need you to cut this attitude out before I do it for you. Do you understand me?"
"Yes."
"What is going on with you? Like, really."
"Don't want to talk about it."
"Since you're older I'm going to talk to you differently. You don't have to talk about your feelings, I'm not forcing you to tell me jack shit if you don't want to. But, you need to control your emotions and not take them out on others."
"It's funny that you say that."
"Really?"
"I've seen you get mad at your perps. I heard Elliot punches a guy. You're not innocent."
"I never said I or Elliot was innocent. But we've learned from our experiences. Can you do that?"
"I don't know, can I?"
"Ima need you to cut that shit out."
"Why do you have to curse?"
"Seems like it's the only way you'll listen. You'll be thirteen next year. Act the way Liv raised
you to be. Act the way I know you can act."
**********
The Living Room (Bella's Perspective)
"Hi, my name is Bella. Nice to meet you." I smiled and shook her hand. Elliot's daughters are actually really pretty.
"Nice to meet you, Bella! You're so tall."
"Thanks, guys," Elliot told me that he wanted me to talk to one of his daughters. I didn't know why but it wouldn't hurt right?
"Your baby is really cute. What's her name?"
"Taylor. Pretty right? She's just darling. Would you like to hold her?"
"Yes please!" I whispered. The baby smiled and she looked really cute. I had also met Richard and Elizabeth. They're twins and they're nice too. It'd just be nice if someone could be my age. Or at least close to it.
"Bella, can you help me in the kitchen honey darling?"
"Okay, Mom." I went into the kitchen and helped out as much as I could.
"Cut slightly smaller love. Great!" Mom rubbed my back as I finished slicing the onion.
"Thanks, sweetheart." Elliot's kids were helping and we were just talking kind of. Getting to know each other. Besides, our parents were going to marry. I'd have to be cool with their presence I guess.
"Uncle Fin, what are you going on about now?" I joked.
"Don't you worry about that. Alright, I have to go now, guys. Sorry to leave so early."
"Bye!" I looked at the food and my mom put her arm around me.
"You alright?" I nodded and the doorbell rung. RIGHT AFTER FIN LEFT.
"Kathleen can't help but show up late can she?" Lizzie asked in a very annoyed tone. Left out sibling?
"Hey guys, Happy Thanksgiving!"
"Nice to meet you."
"Nice to meet you guys. Bella and Noah right?" I nodded and she smiled. When Noah stepped away Kathleen whispered in my ear.
"Is it okay if we talk after lunch?" I nodded and she gave me a hug. I'm not sure I like the thought of my business being spread around.
"Kathleen! It's been forever!" I backed away to let them talk and I went back upstairs, just to go on my phone for a bit.
"Bell, Mom said lunch will be ready soon."
"Cool."
"What are ya doing?"
"Playing a game."
"Let me play."
"You're so annoying go away!" I joked. I shoved Noah and he shoved me back.
"Guys! Come down for lunch!" I shoved him again and went downstairs.
"You're so annoying!"

A/N: This is beyond late, my apologies! I had a whole project to do and stuff like that. But... there is a part two. So stay tuned.