Let's Go To Cancun

JFK International Airport (5:15 AM) (Thursday, March 11th) (Bella's Perspective)
Diary Entry:
Okay, so at the moment we're waiting to board the plane. I'm a bit sad Eli couldn't come, but he's going on vacation with his Mom so that's good. I'm not feeling too hot at the moment because I'm a bit bored.

"Bear, your breakfast's been sitting here. Aren't you going to eat? You're supposed to eat with your medication."
"I know." Elliot sat down next to me as I closed my diary.
"Are you not feeling too hot?"
"I'm fine. I'm just so bored, plus it's 5 am so who could I be texting?" He smiled.
"There's this game I play with Leia whenever we travel. We look at the planes and try to guess where they go, and what you could do in those countries, cities. So take that plane for example." He pointed to an Asiana plane.
"Where do you think it's going?"
"Tokyo."
"I heard there's great shopping in Tokyo."
"There is. I heard it's such a great city. You could go to cat cafes and drive off to the Japanese countryside to go to onsens."
"What's an onsen?"
"A hot spring. I heard there are benefits to being in them."
"Flight 4327 to Cancun will begin boarding in 15 minutes" I smiled.
"I like this game."
*************
On The Plane (Jacksonville, Florida) (8:35 AM) (Olivia's Perspective)
I was sitting with the girls while Elliot was with Noah. It's much easier this way, so Leia wouldn't get fussy. And Bella doesn't care where she sits, so she kind of just gets lumped in with me.
"Mommy, cuddle me," Leia said calmly as she sipped my water.
"Alright, baby girl! You're so needy today! Is it because we're on vacation and you want extra love from Mommy and Daddy?"
"Yes! And, I want to do so many things with everyone in Mexico!" Awww. She's just the cutest little girl on the planet. Those endearing green eyes, and her toothless smile.
"I want to as well! We could go to the spa, play on the beach! Do tours..."
"I wanna play on the beach the most! Everyday!"
"Well..let's see about that."
"Mommy, can Bella come too?"
"Of course!" I looked over at Bella who was writing quietly into her diary. She's been so good lately about keeping track of her feelings. She's a sweet girl.
"Bell, we're gonna go on the beach!"
"I know, we're going to have so much fun swimming. Maybe we can see dolphins..."
"Dolphins!" They're one of Leia's favorite animals! She loves talking about them, reading about them, snuggling her stuffed dolphin. It's the cutest thing. I couldn't wait to get to Cancun to surprise my baby girl and spend time with everyone. But most importantly, I couldn't wait to celebrate my first wedding anniversary with the love of my life. Elliot claimed he had surprises, and I did too, so I can't wait to see how this'll turn out.
"Mommy, Daddy said that there is a Kids Camp."
"There is, you can make friends and do activities."
"I wanna do it!" This will be a perfect way for El and me to have our anniversary for ourselves.
"And I wanna help the turtles get to the ocean because they're so cute!" She pointed to her turtle bracelet.
"Yes, but that's seasonal baby girl, so we have to see."
"Yeah, but spending time with you all day isn't!" She's too smart!
****************
The Ritz-Carlton (Cancun, Mexico) (11:12 AM) (Bella's Perspective)
"Welcome to the Ritz Cancun! We are delighted to have you here! We'll help assist with your luggage, and here we have a selection of drinks, lemonade, piña colada, and champagne, and we have a chocolate mousse for Mrs.Stabler!"
"And the gifts have begun!" This trip was a combination of spring break and Mom and El's anniversary. We were off to a good start! We were taken to our room where we were greeted with champagne gummies for Mom and Dad along with balloons and cupcakes. There were also treats for us kids.
"Daddy, I got a dolly!" Leia said while running around in her swimsuit. She's been ready to swim since we got off the plane. And to be honest, I don't blame her.
"Bell, go change for the beach baby girl," Elliot said to me.
"I'm already wearing my swimsuit! Let me just put my diary away!" I'm so excited! I wonder if I could find something cool on the beach. We locked our hotel room doors and made our way to the elevator. Dad, Leia, and El were ahead and it was just Mom and me.
"Bell?"
"Yeah?"
"Is it okay if we talk when we get to the beach?" I raised my eyebrows.
"You're not in trouble or anything, it's just I feel like lately, we haven't many girl chats, and when we do they get interrupted."
"I agree, something kinda always happens. Or sometimes you're super occupied with Leia because she's the baby."
"Do you feel overlooked?" She asked.
"Sometimes, but I've learned to not take it seriously."
"Well, then I'll make sure to keep a note of that. Thanks for being honest with me."
"You're welcome."
Jake: Are you there?
Me: yeah Duh! We're going to the beach, I'll send you pics!
Hannah: Wow, where's my special response Bella?!
Me: Stop it! He just happened to text last! No favoritism.
Sapphire: Look at our favorite couple.
I giggled.
"We're here!" There was a beautiful pool overlooking the sandy beach! There were complimentary drinks, a bar, and popsicles all over. Talk about luxury.
"Look, there are scuba diving lessons!" Noah pointed out.
"That sounds so cool!" Because this was our first day here we weren't doing anything crazy. We were just kind of winding down, although Mom planned some activities for us to do tomorrow! We were going to visit the Mayan ruins! I learned about Chichen-Itza in class and I was so excited to be able to see the real thing!
"Maybe we can sign up for them tomorrow."
"I'm going to the Kids' camp at 1!" Leia said with enthusiasm. We rented a beach cabana and I sat out under the sun to read 'Midnight Sun'. Having my name be one of a main character in a books is a treat.
"Bella, you can read Twilight any other time! Let's go!" I stretched and went into the water with the rest of my family.
"The water's warm!" I put on my goggles and looked down into the crystal blue water to see if I could find anything interesting.
"Mama, throw me up into the air!" Elliot was using his waterproof camera to take pics of Mom and Leia in the water. As he did that, I swam deep under the water to retrieve a shell. It was a coral color and it was so cute! Maybe I can attach it to a necklace for one of my friends.
***************
El Café Mexicano (2:30 PM) (Olivia's Perspective)
"We come to Mexico and you're eating chicken parmigiana." Bella laughed quite loudly before the side order of tacos came.
"It's really good! I couldn't help it!" Leia was off at the Ritz kid camp, and Noah and Elliot were in the lounge gaming, so I decided to have lunch with Bella so she wouldn't feel overlooked.
"So babe, I know we haven't gotten the chance to talk, but I'm all ears now! And I can't wait to spend this vacation with you!"
"Me too! The beach with you guys was so much fun!"

"Dad, you have to support my feet so I can do a tilt!" Bella requested to be let down and showed Elliot how to hold her.
"Kylie said that's how it goes in cheer. I'm not very good at it though."
"You're pretty good for not being in cheer!"
"Woah, you just did a flip in the air and landed!" Noah shouted.

"So what's up sweet pea? You've been quiet lately and constantly reading or writing."
"Nothing much! I'm writing more because I made a goal in therapy to journal my feelings more, so I guess that's why I'm quiet Mama."
"You told me you felt stressed about your friends possibly leaving, how do you feel now?"
"Well, I talked it through more in therapy and I realized that majority of my friends chose the same school as I did, there's a high probability we got into most of the same schools, so I should be with someone, and if I'm not, it allows me to grow as a person and make my own identity."
"That's very true baby girl, I'm glad you're not feeling anxious anymore."
"Me too." Bella had very bad anxiety flare up a while back and it was stressful. She even refused medication.
"We should do question time," I suggested. Bella blushed.
"I'm a bit scared."
"Why?" I asked with a smile.
"They might be weird questions!" She put her phone down.
"I won't ask anything weird, I promise." I put my arms up to show my seriousness.
"If it makes you feel better, you can ask first."
"Hm! When did you start liking Elliot?"
"Bella!" I said jokingly.
"Well, you're going to ask me about boys! So I'm going to ask first!" I rolled my eyes.
"Well, that's a secret. I'll tell you when you're a bit older."
"You always baby me!"
"Some things just aren't appropriate young lady. It's my turn."
"What's your question?"
"I think I'll save it for later."
"Why?"
"I think you won't answer because we're in public."
"It's so not cool that I don't get to ask you juicy questions!"

To be continued~