Found Out

Wednesday, August 28th (New York, New York) (Olivia's Perspective)
"Mommy!" Leia ran up to me and showed me the picture that she and her friend Bailey took together at their play date today.
"Aww, that's so cute. Do you want to hang it up in your room?"
"Yes, please! Mommy, Bailey's Korean so her Mommy made Korean food and we ate it."
"What did you eat?"
"Kimbap and we made it ourselves!"
"That's amazing!"
"Liv, how was work today?"
"As good as it could be I guess. Where's Bells?"
"She's napping. She said she wanted to get something off her mind."
"She and Jake were holding hands in the park today."
"Oh really. She seemed so startled when she came back like she was guilty of something. That's so cute though, she has a really big crush on him."
"It's like you know more than me," I said with a chuckle.
"Kids tell Lucy bye."
"Bye Lucy! See you tomorrow!"
"Bye, good night guys."
"Mommy, I ate dinner and brushed my teeth! Can we read books?"
"Of course baby! Let me just change and we can do that."
"Okay! I'm going to watch tv in the basement!"
"Alright, sweet pea." I went into Bella's room. She was awake and writing in her diary.
"Mom?" She closed it and put it away. She gave me a hug and I gave her a kiss in return.
"Sweet girl. How was the park today?"
"It was...nice."
"You know, someone told me about you and Jake in the park today."
"Huh?!"
"Did something happen today?"
"Mom...Why do you have people spying on me?"
"Bella, it wasn't like that."
"Who was it?"
"Fin." She sunk her head in embarrassment.
"I don't want to tell you right now, I'm upset with you."
"Why are you upset with me?"
"Because that was supposed to be private and you and Fin ruined it. I was going to tell you everything, but you guys ruined it by being in my business. I feel even more embarrassed than I did before. Thanks a lot, Mom." Maybe I shouldn't have told her that I knew.
"I'm sorry."
"I accept your apology but my privacy still feels violated. I don't really care that he saw me, it's just that I don't like that you guys were talking about it."
"I hear you. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings."
"Can we talk tomorrow? I'm not in the mood." She went into her bathroom and washed her face. She's becoming a teen.
*******************
August 29th (7 AM) (Bella's Perspective)
"Bella, I thought you were mad at me."
"A little bit. But, I can't stay mad at you forever. What are you doing?" Mama was going through old photos.
"Is that you?"
"Yeah, 20 years ago."
"You look so good with short hair Mom."
"Aww, thanks. But Bella, I'm sorry about yesterday."
"It's okay, I promise. I wanted to tell you that I tried to tell Jake that I liked him. But, I choked up, and it got so awkward and I feel so embarrassed and I'm still cringing."
"Well, there's nothing wrong with that, that takes a lot of bravery, admitting you like someone."
"I don't wanna ruin our friendship, like what if he doesn't like me?"
"You can't let that get in the way of your friendship, and I'm not telling you to ignore those feelings, but you have to downplay them. But what boy wouldn't like someone as sweet as you!"
"That's embarrassing."
"It's the truth, you're a very pretty girl, and there are so many other fish in the sea. But don't worry about that right now. No boyfriends until you're older."
"But Noah dates Morgan at 14?"
"I'll be honest with you I'm not loving it that much because I wanted him to wait until later, but I could only do so much."
"He would've still sneaked around."
"Exactly, and I didn't want him doing things or engaging in activities that would lead to something I don't want happening yet. So I let him date her."
"You'd be a great grandma Mom!"
"When the time is right." She said with a smile.
"Oh, and about Jake again, I was planning to tell him when school starts."
"Oh, tell me how that goes."
"I shall. Can I go to work with you today? I need to talk to my Uncle."
"Oh noo."
"Why?"
"I know what you're going to do young lady." She said with a laugh.
"I won't do anything. I'm fine now, really. It was just really embarrassing and I was emotional last night. I'm good now."
"If you say so. You have therapy tomorrow."
"Gosh. I forgot. Good thing I wrote my feelings down." I ruffled her hair.
"I gotta go to work now babe." She gave me a hug and a kiss.
"Love you Mama, stay safe."
"I love you even more sweetheart. Bye."
"Bye Mom."
****************
Summer Playdate (Leia's Perspective)
"Faith, you know what?"
"What?"
"I wonder what it's like to be a dog."
"A dog?!!"
"Yeah! Like, we go to school for so long and then come back home and they miss us! I wonder if they get bored all day when we're at school."
"I think Peanut doesn't even care!"
"Why?"
"He's always sleeping when I get home from dance."
"Well, he's a bit old." She nodded.
"I tried to play catch with him and he got tired and fell over!" She said with a giggle.
"Poor doggy! Peanut is cute!"
"I know! Leia, can I tell you a secret?" I licked my popsicle and nodded.
"I did a prank on my Mommy."
"What kind of prank?"
"I hid her ring and then I told her she lost it."
"Did she find out?"
"No! Daddy and I pranked her and Daddy gave it back to her later. My brother Reagan was laughing so much. And my sister Emily too."
"That's funny!"
"Do you do any pranks on your Mommy?"
"No, because she works at night so I can't really do pranks at night. And, she works during the day."
"Ohh, my Mommy comes home at 6 every day!"
"She never works late?"
"No! Never works late!"
"Oh," I said sadly. It's not fair that Mommy has to work all during the night and I can't be with Mommy at night. Lucy tucks me in all of the time! I want Mommy home!
*************
Our Backyard (Elliot's Perspective)
"Good job, Bella!" The ball went through the hoop and I gave her a high five.
"Super proud of you kiddo. Take a water break." We sat down together and Bella laughed.
"What is it?"
"I beat you just now, that's pretty funny."
"If you say so. School starts Wednesday. Are you ready?"
"Yeah, I organized my bag and everything I'm ready! And, my shoes are here!" I ruffled her hair and she giggled.
"I really want you to do your best as always, and make us proud. Okay?"
"Mhm. You're taking me to get my Fulani braids tomorrow?"
"Lucy is."
"Why do you have to work so often?"
"Bella-"
"I know. Sorry."
"No, go ahead and tell me how you feel."
"Just a bit annoyed that you're not here more and Mom too. Sometimes, we all wish you had a normal job and could come home at 6 or 5."
"I understand how you feel, but do you acknowledge the fact that Mom and I do try our hardest to be home and spend time with you guys?"
"I do. Just want to be normal."
"There's no such thing as normal, trust me, Bella. Every family is unique and different in their own way. There is no normal. That's just an idea made up by some random person." She laughed.
"You don't need to be normal, you're amazing how you are."
"Really?"
"Yeah. You're perfect."
"Thanks!"