Summer Fun

The Dance Studio (Elliot's Perspective)
"Daddy?"
"Yes, baby?"
"When we get home, could we make a craft?" Leia asked with a big smile.
"Of course, but after dinner."
"You're going to grill again, aren't you?"
"Yes. We need to go to the grocery store to pick up some things to grill."
"Can I get a snack?"
"Maybe." I like it when Daddy picks me up, we have loads of fun together.
"Daddy, will Mom be here tonight?"
"No baby. She's working."
"As always." She mumbled.
"What's the matter?"
"Well, I really wanted to show her my new dance routine, but she isn't here like always."
"Mommy wants to be home, but she has to work."
"But, she can't just come home whenever she wants?"
"Not all of the time. Her job requires her to be there a lot. Even at night when you're in bed sleeping."
"Oh."
************
July 11th (Bella's Perspective)
I threw the water balloon at Jake and ran to find shelter. It was a very simple game of water balloon tag mixed with some hide and go seek. Don't ask, we just made it up on the spot. As usual, it was boys versus girls.
"Jake's out! Find Bella!"
"Let's go!" Hannah whispered. We ran quickly and hid behind a tree.
"Where's everyone else?!" Hannah texted on her Apple Watch.
"By the base."
"I don't think we'll freaking make it over there without being tagged out."
"Same. We have to stay here."
"I think we're getting closer!" Bret yelled.
"Fudge that, RUN!" Hilary's Hampton home has a good 4 acres of land. We could definitely do that. We started running back towards the house. With the boys not that far behind us. Everyone who was tagged out was there.
"We have to hide." I fixed my bikini and hide behind another tree. Hannah near the house. Suddenly, I felt a splash on my back.
"You're out!" Bryce said.
"Damn it," I muttered. I signaled to Hannah and then ran inside to get dried off and it.
"You kids look like you're having a blast," Mrs.Cavadov notes.
"We definitely are! Thanks for inviting me!"
"Anytime. Kids, there's lemonade." I stood and talked to all of my friends.
"Thank you!"
"I hope they finish up soon, I'm ready for the real party to begin. This whole thing was part of Hilary and Kylie's Joint birthday party.
"He-llo!" My Mom came in with food and she gave me a kiss.
"Am I late?"
"Nope, the game isn't done yet. Hannah's still out there."
"And I'm here! What's my prize?"
"You'll see it later! Come on! We need to shower and get ready for the real party!" Kylie stated. As I walked toward the basement with my friends, Mom stopped me.
"Bella?"
"Yes?"
"You forgot your clothes, my dear. They're in my bag. Go get it."
"Thanks, Mama." I grabbed my clothes and went to the basement.
"Okay, there's 10 girls and two bathrooms."
"You mean 8. Kylie and I will shower upstairs in my bedroom. Y'all can figure it out."
"What the heck?!" Jessica rolled her eyes playfully and we did as well. At the moment it was Jessica, Jana, Paisley, Hannah, Penelope, Kayla, Elle, and I.
"Okay, Bella showers the quickest. She can go first. Then Paisley, and Hannah could go."
"Alright, so four and four. Four fastest in one bathroom, four slowest in the other." Elle stated. And with that, I rushed into the bathroom and started to shower. I didn't want to keep anyone waiting and was in and out in about 15 minutes.
"Your outfit is so cute!" It was a little halter top with black shorts and my converses. Nothing big. My friends and I talked and joked as we got ready. Arguing about who took the longest.
"It was definitely Elle for our group. While we were waiting for her, we finished a whole iMessage game!"
"I did not take that long!"
"Guys, are you done? Party's going to start soon!"
"We're coming!" We rushed up the stair and went outside to the backyard. People had already started to come. And there, I saw Jake all dressed up. I walked over to him quietly and sat next to him.
"Why are you sitting here all alone?"
"I was waiting for you."
"Oh."
"Sorry, if it sounds weird."
"I-It doesn't. That was quite nice of you to wait for me." I sort of blushed and we started to talk about life. I told Jake how we were planning our trip to Ireland.
"That's so cool. Tell me all about it."
"I certainly will."
"Guys, can you like, stop weirdly flirting with each other and play ring toss. It's hecka fun and you'll probably get a lot farther rather than struggling to get somewhere."
"Kylie, I hate you!" I said with a laugh.
"Come on! Don't say no to the birthday girl." But, in fact, it wasn't her birthday, or Hilary's if weren't being factual. You see, Kylie was born on the 12th, Hilary the 10th. We thought it'd be fair if they held their party the 11th, then it'd be equal. It was no one's day in particular.
"Your's is in a couple of hours! Who the hell are you fooling?"
"Make a wise choice Benson. Your Mom's there. I could tell her that you guys were making out."
"That's insanely f'ed up. Ring toss for the win. Besides, I'm good at it."
"See, everyone needs a little bit of encouragement."
"Kylie, I hope you weren't harassing the couple!"
"WE'RE NOT A COUPLE!" We said in unison.
"You guys are so cute." We went on to play so many games and make so many new experiences that night. I've never had so much fun.
***********
July 20th (Olivia's Perspective) (East 63rd Street)
Today, I was taking the kids shopping. Leia was getting taller. Noah needed new shoes. And Bella, well she just wanted some new clothes. As per usual.
"How do those feel?"
"Alright. I'll take them." I have an insanely hard time adjusting to the fact that Noah is taller than me. It makes me quite sad. Even if it is a measly 2 inches.
"Mommy, I had to get all new jeans and skirts! Why?"
"Because your old ones are either too short or too tight. I want you to have well-fitting clothes for when we go to Ireland." Bella was immersed in her phone as Noah, Leia, and I were busy conversing.
"Bella?" She put her phone away and looked up.
"Pay more attention." She nodded and Noah looked at her.
"Why do you look like that?"
"Like what?"
"Tired."
"Because I am."
"No duh, you were up all night talking to Jake and Preston."
"Noah, stop." She whined quietly.
"Bella likes talking to boys," Leia commented.
"Bella, what did you say you wanted to get?"
"Huh?"
"You wanted jeans, right?" I flickered a small smile and she gave me one in return. She knew where I was going at.
"Yeah. I did." I know that Bella felt embarrassed, so I did that so that she knew, I didn't mind. I wasn't going to shame Bella for talking to boys at night. She's nearly a teenager now, and that's what they do. She grabbed the jeans and then a striped top before moving away from the rack.
"So you're not going to say anything about that?"
"No. Why? You used to spend your summer nights talking to Morgan and Gabriella."
"Oh, you're worse than me. At least I was talking to a girl and a boy! Hypocrite." She giggled and held onto my arm.
"Hypocrite alert," Leia said.
"You're always saying something silly."
"Not always. I can be pretty serious."
"When?"
"When it's time for dessert. You guys always choose the dessert. Next time, it's my turn. Meanies." Oh, Leia! Speaking of Leia, her birthday! We were going to be away for it. I wondered what we would do.
************
July 31st (Garden City, New York) (Third Person POV)
July 31st was the day. The very mixed Benson-Stabler household was preparing to leave in a few days for a much-needed family vacation in Ireland. Yes. Ireland. It's quite a weird place to choose noted Bella and Leia. Who believe that a more tropical destination is best for vacationing. Olivia agreed, but nevertheless, they were still going. Noah wanted to go to Ireland, unlike his little sisters and Mother. He felt some sort of strange connection to the country. Like he was from there. But, he tried not to delve. The family was at an Irish restaurant. Quite ironic.
"What's this?"
"A corn beef brisket. Want some?"
"Yes please."
"I can't wait for the bangers and mash. I heard it's so good." Bella, the middle child, was busy texting away unaware of what was about to happen nex-
"Hey!" Elliot snatched the tween's phone and handed it to Olivia.
"You need to socialize with people other than your friends right now. How disrespectful of you to text at the dinner table." She sighed and folded her arms with an attitude.
"And don't start before I keep this for a week." Bella has actually been very calm and nice, but also heavily addicted to her phone. Everyone else thinks it's because of Jake, but only Bella knows the truth.