Nature-Filled

Everyone was wide awake this morning in the Benson-Stabler household. Everyone was getting ready to go upstate for the weekend.
"We're going to do all of the things! Right Mommy?"
"Yes, rock climbing, things like that."
"She can't do rock climbing?"
"They have some for small children like her. She'll do just fine. Won't you honey?"
"I'm brave."
"That's just right. You go girl!" Bella came over and looked down at the plate of breakfast that was left for her.
"Bon appetite," I said quietly.
"Thanks." She coughed and then held her chest.
"That sounded like it hurt."
"Maybe because it did." She said with an attitude.
"Alright, cut it out before it becomes serious."
"I've been coughing all night."
"Think you're coming down with a cold?"
"No, I think it's just a coughing fit." She wrapped up and I gave her a hug.
"I want you two to help Elliot load the car."
"Load it with what? This isn't a road trip."
"Put the suitcases, water bottles, other things. Stop talking back to me. You're really getting snazzy with everyone today, aren't you young lady?" She opened her mouth to speak.
"Rhetorical question." She and Noah left, so that left me with Lei.
"Mommy, my arm is itchy. Can I have cream?"
"Let me see."
"I have a rash again. It's really red and itchy."
"And raw. How long have you had it? Tell me mija."
"Since Thursday."
"It's not good to scratch these. Let me put some cream on that."
"It feels really cool."
"That's good. Let's stop scratching it though."
"Mom the car is packed up." She giggled and I helped her get her jacket on and out of the house.
***********
The Catskills, New York (Bella's Perspective)
We were in the hotel relaxing for the morning since we just got here. I was texting my friends because there wasn't really much to do.
Annalise: I heard that Jake likes you.
Me: Really?
Annalise: Yeah? Do you think he's cute?!

"Who are you texting so early in the morning babe? Get some sleep." I answered quickly and looked at Mom.
"You looked really shocked. Everything okay?" I nodded and Mom raised her eyebrows.
"Bella, what's going on?"
"It isn't serious. It was just a picture she sent. It was funny."
"Seemed like more of a scare to me. You know Bella, I'll always know when you're lying."
"I know." I turned over and looked at the notification on my phone.
Annalise: That's right. You like Brayden.
Me: This is becoming a love triangle like I'm those green crush movies. I don't like it.
Annalise: I think it's pretty cute!
I giggled and watched the time on my phone. 9:51. We'd start getting ready after ten.
"Bella, go and shower. We're going to go do some indoor rock climbing today." While in the shower I thought about how Jake liked me. Once again, it's weird. He's just a friend to me. But, I'm now realizing some things that he did to me and I'm realizing they were signs.
"Hey Bella, do you love me?"
"I know you love KitKats. I got this one just for you."
"Bell?!" Mom walked in on me and I tried to cover myself since the showers were pure glass.
"I'm not looking at you, Bella. Just making sure you're okay."
"Yes, you are. I can feel your eyes. Don't have to study me, Mom, my body has barely changed since I was nine." And I wasn't lying. It was like I was barely going through puberty. People talk about shaving and I honestly can't relate. There's nothing to shave. Anywhere. I turned off the water and got out.
"Mom, can I have some privacy?"
"You can. Bella-" Mom said with her head still in the bathroom.
"Yeah?"
"I want to talk to you later, okay?" I nodded and she closed that door.
"Maybe I said too much."
********
Rock Climbing (Noah's Perspective)
We were in this indoor rock climbing and zip-line place since it was really cold and Sony outside.
"Okay, let's get you hooked up!" Bella watched excitedly as I zip lined across the place.
"That was cool." I unhooked myself and then watched at Bella screamed happily.
"Elliot, I wanna try."
"Let's go try the one for smaller kids."
"Okay, and you'll watch me so that I don't fly away?"
"Yes, I promise."
"Bye, brother!" I waved and Bella came over to me.
"Noah, Mom is going to do the obstacle course."
"I think Mom is too old for that."
"I can hear you!" She yelled. We laughed and watched and she did the course.
"I don't want to do it, it looks really scary!"
"You can do it, Mom!" She jumped across the wobbly blocks and I flinched so hard. I guess it's one of those cop things. I honestly think Mom should slow down. I don't want her to hurt herself.
"El, can you come?"
"You're gonna have to come to me, babe. Leia's got my hands tied."
"I just wanted to know if you'd do the obstacle course with Noah and I. Then I'd be less scared."
"Noah and I?!" I repeated.
"Yes, I'm not doing it alone or I'll get really anxious. Please?!"
"The things that I do for you." So we went and got hooked to the obstacle course. I felt like Bella was gonna wuss out of this but she didn't. I'm actually really surprised.
"Take your time Bella." She got to the shaky part and froze.
"Bella, you'll be okay."
"I won't. It's very scary." She unhooked herself and then realized we were so high up, she couldn't go anywhere.
"Don't cry, I'll be here with you, every step of the way. I promise. When have I ever broken a promise, Bella?"
"Never."
"Exactly. Just go for it." She hopped across, with her remembering that she was hooked on it gave her the confidence to keep going. She made it to the other side and smiled happily. My job was done.
************
Hot Tub Convos (Elliot's Perspective)
After dinner, we got together in the hot tub as a family to talk.
"Did everyone have fun?" The kids all nodded and started to speak.
"My favorite part was when we got to go to the hot tub."
"Really Lei? Of all things the hot tub?" She giggled and then paddled over to me.
"Noah, what was your favorite part?"
"I think it was the hike we took today. We got to see some deer."
"I didn't like it. The worms were icky!"
"What about you Bella?" She fixed her bikini and then shrugged.
"All was good. Don't necessarily have a favorite."
"Fair."
"Are we gonna get dessert Mama?"
"Well, doesn't sound too bad baby. After we get changed we can have some."
"Okay."
"Bella, wanna talk afterward?"
"Well, you're not really asking me, but sure."
"Don't start."
"Anyways, Noah. I have to talk to you later, but not just talk. I have to tackle you."
"Why would you want to do that?"
"I know now."
"Know what." The pair stared at each other until Noah rolled his eyes.
"Don't he snitch."
"I'm not going to snitch, I just want to laugh at you. You're not very smart."
"Yeah, yeah."
"That's not a nice thing to say to your brother! You have to tell him sorry!" Leia said, scolding them.
"I'm so sorry, Noah!" They both laughed and then Leia got out of the hot tub.
"Okay, that was really boring! Let's go get dessert now!"
***********
The Lounge (Bella's Perspective)
"It's okay to feel insecure. There's nothing wrong with that. But, you need to understand that it's okay to not be developing as fast as your friends may be. You're not them. You're Bell. Your own unique person."
"But I feel left out. I don't even get it sometimes. They're all like you'll get it someday." Mom nodded and gave me the rest of her ice cream.
"How about, instead of thinking about this negatively think positively."
"How? What's good about being an A-cup when 8th grade is next year. Everyone is at like a B."
"While your friends are cramping, and having to skip pool parties, that will be none of your concern."
"True."
"And you don't have to worry about shaving either. Bella, don't be in such a rush to grow up."
"Why shouldn't I be?" Mom chuckled and put her arm around me.
"Because in a couple of years from now you're going to wish you slowed down a bit. I wish I was 12 again. Enjoy your teenage years, but don't rush anything. Okay?" I nodded and her eyes started to water.
"Bring it in."