Body...Problems?!

May 15, 2022 (Bella's Perspective)
"Bella, come!"
"What's up?!" Jake was with Axel, Brayden, Porter, and Blake.
"I'm having my birthday party next week Saturday. Do you wanna come?!"
"I'd love too. Just gotta ask Mom!" He gave me the invite and I smiled! Yes, I secured an invite. It was dismissal. Let's see, Hamptons. Awesome! Saturday, great! No competition! No showcases! Attire, casual, pool wear. Now that's a problem! I've been really embarrassed to admit it, but I've been becoming somewhat of a hairy beast lately. And I'm only talking about my legs and my armpits. I didn't want to really tell anyone about it, but Ugh. How am I supposed to go to the pool party with these legs?!
"Hey, Mom!"
"Hi, pumpkin! Why the sour face?"
"It's nothing."
"What's that?" I handed it to her and she smiled.
"Can I go?"
"Of course, and I want you to bring my brownies over there too."
"Jake was literally talking about them at lunch today! I'll help you make them." She gave me a kiss and I texted some of my friends.
Gracie: You're going to Jake's party right?
Me: Yeah
Gracie: I got this super cute bikini, what are you wearing?
I closed the chat and sighed as my Mom stopped in front of Lei's school.
"Come with me to pick up Leia sweetheart." We went inside of the building and Leia ran up to Mom.
"Hi, Mommy! I really wanted you to pick me up! Look what I made."
"That's pretty!" She signed Leia out and Leia told us all about her day.
"Our field trip was so much fun! I brought home treats for everyone!"
"That's so sweet! Show me them after dance class."
"Okay!" I had gymnastics today, ugh. So tired. But, Violet was going to be there, so thank goodness for that! She's one of my closest gym friends outside of my friend group. Speaking of friends, I have a lot of them. It's weird. Complicated.
***************
The Basement (Noah's Perspective)
"What do you want?!" Bella asked with a smile.
"Nothing, I'm bored."
"Bell, you're going to Jake's party next week right?"
"Yeah?"
"Score me an invite?"
"Noah, shut up! Before I tell Mom that-"
"Tell Mom what?!" Mom said as she came downstairs with some laundry.
"Nothing."
"You two are always up to something. Bella, you said you wanted to speak to me about something?"
"Never mind, we can talk about it later." Bella looked at her leggings that were covering her legs and frowned a bit.
"Remember we're going somewhere tomorrow after school?"
"Where?"
"To Queens. We're just going to check in with everyone."
"Oh, okay. But you're not going."
"I'll try to."
"What about school?"
"You don't have school the day after that silly."
"Ohh! Okay!" Mom gave Bella a kiss and went back upstairs.
"Why did you frown like that?"
"None of your business, Noah. Just like you and Morgan doing your stuff isn't my business."
"Okay?? I'm not sure how we got there."
"It doesn't matter how."
"Why are you being so rude to me? It's like I can't have a conversation with you without you getting mad at me for some stupid stuff. Are you okay?"
"I'm fine."
"Liar."
"Am not."
"Whatever." So when Bella left I called Morgan.
"You're so annoying."
"How am I annoying?!" I asked my girlfriend.
"She's upset about something, clearly. I'll talk to her."
"You're such an amazing girlfriend."
"You tell me that every day. Something new?"
"Like what?"
"I don't know. Be creative." We both laughed and we talked about our next date. Once again. Our parents know nothing. So we had to space things out (the things we were doing with their permission). So we wouldn't arouse suspicion.
************
Bella's Room (Olivia's Perspective)
"Hey, love!" She waved and I watched as she played a game on her laptop.
"You said you were ready to talk?"
"Oh, yeah! So basically, about the party next week..."
"Go on."
"I was wondering if you could show me how to shave because I felt embarrassed about my hair." I put my arm around Bella and smiled.
"Of course I will! This is going to be a great learning experience for you."
"I feel really embarrassed." She whispered. I could tell because she was speaking in a high pitched voice.
"Where do you wanna shave?"
"Well, just my legs and armpits. Don't need to shave anywhere else."
"Let me see."
"This is the end of the conversation."
"Bella, how am I going to help you if I don't see it?!"
"I'll show you when we actually do it. I'm embarrassed Mom!"
"But that's nothing to be embarrassed about, it's natural."
"To you maybe."
"What makes it embarrassing lovebug?" She sat up and then laid on my chest.
"Because everyone shaved or waxes, who wants to see body hair?"
"There's nothing wrong with it, it's normal. It like the hair on your head." My daughter laughed and turned around.
"Stop lying, we know that's not true Mom."
"Well, not exactly the same."
"Honestly, I think it's only a problem because I have dark hair. If I was blond I wouldn't be having this problem."
"Don't start comparing yourself to other people."
"I'm not."
"You are. There's nothing wrong with you being a brunette. You're way too hard on yourself Bella." I gave her a kiss and she wiped it away.
"Mom!"
"You're still my little baby."
"I'm gonna be thirteen!"
"So?" She rolled her eyes and then giggled.
"Tomorrow is the orthodontist appointment for tightening. What color are you doing?"
"Maybe grey and purple! But, who's taking me?"
"Elliot."
"When are you going to show me how to shave?"
"On Friday sweetheart. Can't wait."
"I hope you're actually home."
"I'll leave early, I promise."
"You've made plenty of promises since you've adopted me, Mom."
"And?"
"You keep most of them. That makes me really happy. My real Mom couldn't even keep her promise to protect me, but you did, and I'm really thankful to have you as my Mom, I don't know what I'd do without you."
"Awww, thank you, baby. I don't know what I'd do without you either, all of you guys. You should start winding down for bed, you have school tomorrow."
"Alright. I love you. Kisses."
"Kisses!"
"Mom, before you leave-" I turned around and my daughter smiled.
"Call Elliot please, I wanna tell him good night."
*******************
Lounge Time W/ Bella (Jake's Perspective) (Friday, May 19th)
"Bella, why don't you have lunch?"
"Because I don't. Didn't bring one."
"So why won't you get food?"
"Don't want any. I'll eat when I get home, stop worrying Romano."
"Okay, Benson."
"Can't believe our project got an A."
"I can sort of believe it."
"Why?"
"Because you're so smart, of course, we did well."
"No," She stated, taking a small break before finishing her sentence.
"I think it's because of you, but you're so sweet." Bella sipped her tea and thanked me for being so nice. Her straight hair fell in front of her face and I laughed.
"This is why I can't have it down! It's so annoying." She laughed and then looked up to see Hannah and Axel approaching.
"Hey, guys! What's up?"
"Nothing really, I knew the couple was here somewhere." Bella's face got red and she rolled her eyes.
"You're so annoying."
"Bella, I bought you lunch."
"Why?!"
"Because Jake told me you haven't eaten since this morning you fool, eat this." Hannah sat down along with Axel and we continued to talk.
"End of the year trip is to upstate New York. How does that sound?"
"I'm excited, just a few hours away from our parents won't hurt."
"Certainly."
"Hey guys, let's all make it clear now, we're not getting grounded ever again!"
"That's hard though."
"Well, we're not getting grounded together! It was so bad, I couldn't go anywhere after dance with Bella, we had to go straight home."
"And so much boring chores," Axel added.