Ireland Vibes

Ireland (August 10th) (Leia's Perspective)
"Happy birthday, princess!" Daddy and Mommy gave me hugs and kisses.
"How old are you today?"
"Six." I said with a smile.
"You're getting really big!" Mommy smiled at me.
"Happy birthday Baby Lei!" Bella gave me a hug and a kiss.
"I have something for you!" She sat down on the couch and took out something from behind her back.
"Mommy, look it's a Polly pocket! Thank you Bella!"
"You're very welcome." After my brothers told my happy birthday I got two more presents. I got my birthday outfit and another toy.
"It's your day today! Tell us what you wanna do."
"I want to go to the park!"
"The Park?"
"Yeah! I want to play in the Park."
"That's a weird birthday request."
"Well, I wanna swim."
"There's a pool downstairs."
"Can we swim after dinner?"
"Let's see."
"I'm gonna plan the whole day! We're gonna get a birthday cake, go to the park, and swim. And get toys! All of the toys!"
"You're crazier than I thought." Eli said.
"Keep talking like that. In November when it's you're birthday I'll give you a rock!"
***********
Aqua Zone (Olivia's Perspective)
On my daughters 6th birthday she was given the chance to choose what she wanted to go today. There were pamphlets for an Irish indoor water park named Aqua Zone, and of course, she wanted to go! I think 6 is such a special age when it comes to kids. There's this sort of awareness they have. It's adorable.
"Mommy, this was a really cool gift. Thank you!"
"You're welcome."
"Swim with me!" She pulled me gently to the pool and carefully lowered herself.
"Mommy, would you like to be a mermaid?"
"A mermaid? Maybe."
"Why not yes?"
"Well, if I were a mermaid, I couldn't live on land. Remember?"
"Oh, then you couldn't live with us. Don't be a mermaid Mommy." I gave her a kiss and a hug.
"Happy birthday!"
"You told me 10 times already. Let's go down the slide Mommy!"
"Mom, we're going to the wave pool!"
"Alright, bye munchkin." I continued to play with Leia and she eventually tired out.
"I don't wanna play anymore."
"So, then what do you wanna do?"
"I wanna just swim in the pool like a calm person."
"Alright, honey."
"Are you from America?"
"Yes, I am." I answered the woman politely. I will say, it felt slightly strange to get stared at for my accent. I've forgotten what that felt like.
"We're just vacationing for two weeks. My husband's Irish, and he wanted to do a little trip."
"That's sweet."
"Mommy, we're going to have cake later, right?"
"We are. After we have dinner you can have your birthday cake." I gave her a smile and she fixed her bathing suit.
"What is it?"
"Can it be vanilla?"
"Of course."
"Mom, I'm going to show you a trick that I can do. So, watch me really carefully."
"I'm watching you sweetheart." She put on her goggles and did a handstand in the water.
"Good job baby!"
"Thank you! Bella and Noah taught me how to do it. They're really nice."
"They are."
"Mommy, Bella is adopted right?" She asked innocently.
"Yes." She already knew that. I think this was more of a confirmation.
"So, how is she my sister?"
"Because, you guys have the same Daddy."
"Elliot is my Daddy!" She said cutely.
"Not Elliot, baby."
"Other Daddy?"
"Yes." She understood, and nodded.
"What about the same Mommies?"
"You guys have different Mommies."
"So then how could we be sisters? You have to have the same parents!"
"No, you have to share one parent."
"Then what is that?"
"Half-siblings."
"Oh." It's weird because, I never imagined myself having these conversations with a 6 year old. But, she asked and I didn't want her to feel left out. She already knew she was adopted, so it wasn't a big revelation. I want my kids to be comfortable with talking to me about anything that comes to their mind. I wouldn't want to stifle them, unless it was really inappropriate or their age.
"Mommy?"
"Yes?" She stared into my eyes and wiped her forehead.
"What's for lunch?" She asked cutely.
***********
Our Hotel Room (Bella's Perspective)
I was here with Mom while everyone else went to go do something outside. I wasn't really feeling up to it.
"Bella, why do you look so mopey?"
"My stomach hurts." I whispered.
"It hurts? Why didn't you tell me?" I shrugged and Mom got Advil from her bag.
"Where hurts, your actual stomach or lower down?" I pointed to her upper stomach and Mom handed me some water. Affirming my hope that it was just an upset stomach.
"Mom?"
"Yes?"
"When do you think I'll start?"
"Well, I can't be precise. But, I'd say soon."
"What makes you say that?"
"Usually, after girls chests start to develop, their hips start as well, and then they start."
"I don't have any hips."
"Trust me, they're coming in."
"I don't want them to."
"Why?"
"I don't want to start."
"Are you scare to?"
"I don't know." I said, answering the question honestly.
"It's okay to have feelings about that. That's normal." Mom talked to me some more and I felt fine. I wasn't even upset. I just, felt weird in the moment.
"Kathleen's coming tomorrow. Are you excited?"
"Yes, she's my favorite step-sibling."
"Sheesh I didn't see that coming."
"Why is that so surprising to you? We hang out the most."
"I didn't expect you to say it!" Mom said with a laugh.
"Sorry! Mom?"
"Yeah?"
"How come, you work for Manhattan SVU and now Elliot works for Brooklyn SVU?"
"Thought it'd be better."
"Wouldn't you rather work together?"
"Working together on a stress inducing job like that causes strain in your relationship."
"But you guys were parters before."
"We weren't together then."
"Isn't it weird to have to call Dad-"
"Elliot, for cases." Trying to save the whole situation. Mom smiled.
"Not really."
"So it's like a friendly call?"
"Basically. I'll also ask him if he's fixed things around the house or knows what's for dinner." I laughed.
"I'm glad Lucy's gonna be around more."
"Me too."
"If you're up to it, let's go take a little walk around. It'll help you feel better."
"Sure."
*************
August 14th (Dax Restaurant) (Elliot's Perspective)
"Bella, look at the camera please." She smiled happily and Olivia and I took a little selfie of our own.

" She smiled happily and Olivia and I took a little selfie of our own

"No, it wasn't like that. You see, I had a class after-school with Jessica, Jake, and Tyler."
"Yet, Elliot and I saw you with only Jake and Tyler." I looked over my shoulder to see Bella explaining herself with a smile. I couldn't help but smile too.
"There's a reason for that..."
"What is it?"
"I'll tell you later, Noah." I raised my eyebrows and she shook her head.
"Don't start thinking of ideas now."
"I have an idea!" Leia said.
"What?"
"How about, we order dessert." Kathleen tickled Leia and everyone at the table laughed.
"Always Leia. What do you want?"
"My favorite, carrot cake pretty please. I wonder if bunnies like carrot cake."
"I don't think bunnies can eat carrot cake."
"That's sad. Can we get a bunny?"
"A bunny?"
"Please mommy!"
"Wait Mom, you said we'd get another doggy. The cockapoo! The miniature one. Noah got his weird lizard."
"Ralph is not weird."
"His name is weird. Who names a lizard Ralph, you're practically setting him up for failure. Besides, he likes me more."
"Yeah, right."
"Alright, I have something to say about the whole pet thing." I said calmly.
"Bella, you can get another dog at some point, after we finish the renovations upstairs."
"Yes sir."
"Leia, you can get a bunny when you're older."
"But why?"
"Will you clean up the bunnies poopies?"
"That's yucky."
"I rest my case."
"But why a rabbit?"
"They're fluffy!"
"Watch when one bites you."
"No they will not. They're very nice, Eli."