School Parties & Near Encounters

Friday, December 20th (10:30 AM) (The Trinity School)
Today was the deadline for high school applications! We had to put down 12 public schools and about 10 private. I also took the SHSAT test for specialized high schools. I was feeling pretty nervous. After this, I'd have to wait till March to see what hecking school I got into. I was in my counselor's office alongside my girlfriends (Elle, Leah, Sapphire, Kylie, Jessica, and Hannah), and we were excited.
"I can't wait!" I handed it to Ms. Hoffman.
"I see some amazing schools here that you guys will surely get into! You are very bright young ladies."
"Thank you!" We said in unison. She sorted the papers and put them into this folder with our names on it.
"Is it okay if we stay for a bit before going to class? This period is about over anyway."
"Yeah.."
"You can! As long as you guys don't keep much commotion!" We got some water from the machine and just talked to each other.
"I'm so excited for the party later. I already know what I'm wearing." Sapphire said.
"You do? What are you wearing?" I asked while fixing her curls.
"This really cute blush-colored dress."
"You know, why don't you come by me and get ready? My Mom could drop us there and take you home."
"I'd love that. I'll text my Dad and ask if he's okay with it."
"Cool." The bell for 3rd period rang and we were all on our way to our respective classes. Right now, I have science which is always pretty cool. My Science teacher is cool and all. Besides, we're probably just going to be watching videos today anyway. And, Sapphire has this class with me so it'll be fun.
"Ethan! Hurry up!" Hannah said while rolling her eyes.
"He's so tall yet walks so slow," I commented.
"Is he always like that?"
"Yeah! He's a real slow walker." We walked into science together and sat down. We wrote down the agenda for the day and we chatted a bit.
**************
Times Square (Noah's Perspective)
"Here, let me hold it." I held Morgan's hot chocolate. We were having lunch outside. I know it's too cold but she wanted to take her pictures.
"Thanks, Noah. So, how was your government test?"
"Well... Someone wrote on the answer key so I just copied it. Well some of it anyway, some were wrong. Hopefully, I get a 100." She laughed.
"I hope you fail for cheating."
"Way to be supportive," I said sarcastically.
"I hope I get that same test. But by the time I get to government, it'll be found out."
"But you're good at that class so it should be an easy pass."
"That's what they all say."
"But Morgan, you still wanna go to the movies today?"
"Sure, oh and Kole and Angie wanna come."
"That's great." We sat in silence. There wasn't much to talk about today, it was an epically boring day. It was that week before Christmas so it makes sense. Everyone's chill because nobody wants to get in trouble the week before you gotta get your presents. We did our gift exchange as well today. It was pretty cool. I got some DLC for one of my games and candy that I have to go hide before Leia comes snooping in my bedroom.
Bella: Can you get me a burrito?
Me: Why do you want me to get you a burrito? It's not like I can give it to you.
Bella: Just buy it and put it in the fridge for me to eat when I come home thanks!

"Why's she asking you for a burrito?"
"I don't know she's a very spontaneous person."
****************
December 20th, (4:36 PM) (Home) (Olivia's Perspective)
I find myself home a lot these days. I'm not complaining though.
"I'm home Mom! And I have our guest," I sat upright and went to the foyer.
"Mom, this is my new friend Sapphire! Sapphire, this is my Mom!" Sapphire was a very beautiful chocolate skinned curly-haired girl. She seemed very well-mannered and sweet. I'm so very happy that Bella has found a friend that she could relate to so that she doesn't feel alone and can air out her experiences.
"Pleasure to meet you Ms.Benson!" We shook hands.
"Same to you sweetheart, feel free to call me Liv."
"Sure thing."
"Mom, we're gonna start getting ready for the party. We'll call you if we need help."
"Alright! I'll be down here if you need any help! Have fun."
"We will!" They said in unison. They giggled as they went up the stairs to Bella's room and I couldn't help but smile. Bella's school has a generous population of people of color, but she doesn't interact with many of them. She has quite a few friends of color, she told me the reason why she doesn't have more is because they're not all accepting of who she is and feel she is too "whitewashed" as they put it. There were days she'd come home and cry because of the things they said and she felt as if she was "too white". It was a difficult time. This is why I'm glad she's been able to become friends with Hannah, Faith, Sapphire, Knox, Jase, and Zion, and some others that she's acquainted with.
"Mommy," Leia sat in my lap and played with my hair.
"What is it?"
"I wanna talk to you!" I smiled.
"What's your favorite color?"
"I don't have one."
"Yeah, you do. You just wanna be a secret holder. That's why you're a detective. It's a job where you gotta figure out secrets! So you stay a secret too!"
"You're hilarious, that's not it at all sweetheart, it's just that every color is so pretty I can't choose one."
"Secret holder!" I tickled Leia and she then hugged me.
"Mom, I'm still going to Bailey's to play tomorrow?"
"Mhm. Excited?"
"Ummm... Yeah! Courtney's gonna be there and Lana's gonna be there so it's gonna be so much fun. We gonna talk about big girl things."
"Big girl things?"
"Yep." I raised my eyebrow.
"What kind of things?"
"That's a secret."
"Well look who's the secret holder!"
****************
The Trinity School (6:30 PM) (Bella's Perspective)
"You girls have fun! And if anything happens, call me and I'll pick you up as fast as I can!"
"Yeah! And I'll come too!" Leia said.
"Alright! Bye Mom, Bye Lei!"
"Bye Ms. Benson! Thanks for the ride!"
"You're very welcome girls! What time should I come back?"
"10! Bye, Mom!"
"Bye! Stay safe!" Mom watched as we walked inside before driving off.
"Your Mom's so cool!"
"You think?"
"Yeah! My Mom could never." We both laughed.
"You've told me about your Dad, not much about your Mom though," I said calmly.
"My Mom is working overseas in France. That's why. My Dad is home more."
"Oh. Sorry for bringing it up."
"It's okay. I should've explained."
"Hey, you came just in time!" Hannah said. She pulled us over. The room where the dance was being held looked very much like a Christmas wonderland. It was white and green and red. There was some holiday music playing.
"Why do you say we came at the right time?"
"Because they're going to finally stop playing this music," Jessica said. It didn't feel like a dance to me because there wasn't any real dancing. I guess it really does fit the whole Christmas Party thing, though I did think that it would somewhat double as a dance. It'll probably get more interesting in a minute.
************
The Living Room (Leia's Perspective)
Right now, I'm playing with my dogs, Ryan and Ace! They're very cute and fluffy! My brother was watching tv, and my Mommy was on the phone with Alex.
"Bella's at a dance right now."
"Oh really? Does she have a date?" Mommy laughed.
"Not at all."
"Maybe she didn't want to tell you and Elliot about it."
"Who knows, she has her secrets."
"Auntie Alex?"
"Yes, my dear?"
"When will you come? I wanna see Gabby and Gabe,"
"I'm not sure baby girl, I'll tell you when I can."
"Okay. I'm going to my room, Mom."
"I thought you wanted to watch a movie?"
"Not anymore. I got stuff to do."
"What stuff?" She asked as I walked upstairs.
"Super top secret stuff." I went upstairs to my room and sat on my comfy princess bed. I grabbed my kitty and hugged her. I went under my bed and grabbed a big blue box! I made a present for my Dad! Well, he's not my real Dad but he's my Dad still! I hope he likes it.
"I gotta glue some stuff on it!" I made Daddy Elliot a collage. It was a lot of work so he's gotta like it. I put it back under my bed because I heard footsteps and sat in front of my dollhouse.
"Leia?"
"Hi, Mom!"
"Just checking on you. You still don't wanna watch the movie?"
"Maybe later."
"Okay honey."
*************
The Trinity School (9:18 PM) (Bella's Perspective)
"Bouta turn this function to Bonnaroo!" Everyone sang as they played the song. I was having so much fun dancing and talking to my friends.
"Guys let's go take a walk around the school building! We gotta hang out in the spot one more time before we go home! Party's almost over!"
"Totally!" The spot is this little blind spot in staircase 2 where the security cameras can't see anything. I'm sure we're not the only ones to use it, but it's our favorite place because we can talk and stuff without getting caught.
"Dude, I can't believe when we come back to school it'll be 2023," Ethan said.
"And we'll do our winter senior trip!"
"We're gonna be high schoolers in September." We all looked around. It's kinda weird. We're going to be freshmen. I dunno if I wanna be a freshman! They get bullied a lot. (That's what I heard.)
"It's really weird to think about. But let's focus on now!"
"What are you guys doing for the holidays?" I asked.
"I think I'm going to Russia to see my grandparents," Hilary said.
"How sweet." We all took our turns sharing.
"Hey, I'm a bit hungry. I'm gonna grab food before the party ends in like 15. Who's coming?"
"I'm starving. I'm going. You're coming, Bella?"
"Nah, I'm not really hungry,"
"Jake, you're not coming?"
"Nah. Food looks weird."
"Okay! We'll come back here when we're done." It was just Jake and me.
"So.."
"So.."
"You never said what you were doing over the break weirdo. You've been quiet, haven't you?" I commented.
"Not for any particular reason."
"Yeah sure." We both laughed. At this point, we were walking around because we didn't know what to do. We were kind of just staring at each other.
"Like your hair," I said.
"Thanks," I swear there's too much freaking tension when we're together in a confined space.
"Why are you staring at me like that dude?" I asked while laughing. We were both standing next to each other at this point. It got sorta quiet. We were both smiling and stuff. There was this weird presence, I wasn't sure what it was but it was making me very smily, if that makes sense. Jake sort of leaned in, and I did too. I've watched more than one teen crush movies and know how those kind of things go (yes I know I shouldn't believe them 100%), but as much as I wanted to kiss him, I couldn't bring myself to do it, and I guess he felt the same.
"Maybe we shouldn't-"
"Yeah. I don't wanna ruin our friendship." I whispered. My face was probably super red, and had sweat droplets forming on my forehead.
"Yeah. Me too." Did I almost have my first-
^^^^^^^^^
I told all of the girls. They know about it. I didn't want to hide it from them. If we're close friends, I shouldn't feel the need to hide anything.
"Bell, you should've kissed him! I know you've been practicing!" Hannah whispered.
"From all of the movies I watched, it ruins everything. We both agreed on it by the way."
"You guys are both so stupid!" Faith said.
"Sorry! It was weird."
"I'm so jealous! Why can't I have this kind of fun. Bella has all these boys liking her and what do I get?"
"Faith you just have to wait and see! Let Baby Bella have her moment!" Elle said while shaking her. We were outside waiting for my Mom to pick Sapphire and I up. Adults were around watching.
"Bella you totally should've done it!" Sapphire told me.
"We'd support you boo!"
"I've already decided on color for the wedding! I recommend you have a vanilla bean cake at your wedding! I'll take notes! What's the consensus?"
"Vanilla." They all said, agreeing with the previous statement.
"Wedding?!" I asked.
"Yes. We need to plan! You guys can only have the best of the best!"
Mom: I'm here sweetheart! It's cold outside! I don't want you two outside any longer sweetie.
"Mom's here."
"Text us! Bye Bell, Bye Sapphire!"

To be continued~